Part 004

Song: pride by Kendrick Lamar

Best played by page 16 :)

THIRD P.O.V

The group continued to head up the levels, freeing those who they can and fighting those who attempt to stop them.

Shota could feel his heart beating in anticipation, dread and somewhat wonder as he saw the different levels, hows the next one gonna be? who's there? is the world gonna beautiful?

His mind raced with both hopeful questions and pessimistic thoughts.

And just as he was about to reach the surface, the entirety of the imperial down criminals in toe, he suddenly remembered.

Faint, but it was one of his first memories within the prison.

"W-Wait!" He yelled out, causing many to stop and others to topple over from the sudden halt.

"Wh-what?!" Jimbei yelled out, murmurs and confusion followed after.

Shota, begun to push rather weakly off of Ivankov, "I-I need to get s-something." His head throbbed as he remembered.

"What do you mean? 'Need something'?! If any of us stay down here a moment longer we'll all be recaptured!" One of the unnamed criminals yelled out.

Yells of agreements followed not soon after.

Shota could care less as he pushed as hard as he could in order to go get his things. "There is no need for you guys to come with me..."

Ivankov looked concerned as the man tried his best to get onto the floor and his pushes felt like no more than a child's punch.

"but I need to get it-" he practically begged. "I have to."

Jimbei looked around, a breath of exhaustion leaving his throat, as he couldn't help but fell sympathy for the guy.

"Ivankov, let him go-" luffy said, somewhat surprising them. "If he's this insistent on going there must be a reason...." Luffy said.

Ivankov reluctantly let him down, not a second later Shotas body collapsed from the sudden loss of support, with trembling legs and weak knees he stood, his entire body using the wall for support.

"Thank you, luffy." Shota sent a nod as he slowly made his way through the hallway.

The group watched somewhat melancholy eyes as he continued to drag his feeble body as hard as he could for his...things.

"OLD MANNNN!" Luffy a voice rang out.

Shota turned around on impulse.

A smile blinding and familiar.

One finger was pointed towards the sky that was blocked by the final floor of the underground prison and Shota understood, and his own weak smile followed the blinding one.

'Make it to surface!'

They begun their separate ways.