5 - Where There's Love, There Is Pain

Later that night, Albus and Gellert met their friends at the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade to talk about the recent information that had been discovered. The three couples all sat around a table with Queenie and Tina holding the twins.

"As you all know, Gellert and I've asked you all to come here so we can talk about something we've been keeping secret for some time now." Albus spoke, lacing his fingers with Gellert under the table. The friends looked at them, listening quietly while the babies slept peacefully.

"Gellert doesn't have the greatest background, you all know that.." Albus spoke with slight hesitation, trying to find the proper words to use. "He's done some things in the past that he isn't proud of, but he's since had a change of heart!"

Gellert nodded, holding onto Albus' hand a little tighter, which told Albus he was nervous.

"Which was?" Jacob asked, though he had an idea of what it was.

"Love.." Albus admitted.

Queenie and Tina squealed excitedly, happy their suspicions were right. Jacob smiled, but Newt remained straight faced. Albus rubbed Gellert's hand with his thumb when he felt Gellert's grip ease.

"Honestly, Tina and I knew you were together for the LONGEST time!" Queenie giggled. Tina nodded, adding "We did!! We just didn't want to say anything in case we weren't supposed to know!"

Jacob smiled, adding to the conversation. "Yeah, I kinda put that together back at the Hog's Head.."

Newt tossed his arms up, signaling he was feeling anything but excitement.

"What's wrong, Newt?" Albus asked.

"So did EVERYONE know but me?" Newt asked, looking around at everyone. The group all exchanged looks before nodding.

"Yeah.." Queenie mumbled.

"Yeah we knew." Jacob added.

"But they didn't tell us, sweetheart! We figured it out!" Tina added, placing her hand on Newt's arm.

"Albus..Minerva knew.." Newt spoke softly, starting to show his feelings weren't that he were angry, he just felt left out.

"She did. I told her shortly after Gellert and I got back together.."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Newt pouted.

Gellert interrupted, saying "I asked him not to. Albus wanted to tell you all. He wanted to be open with us.. I didn't. Albus was just being a good partner. Please do not be upset with him."

Tina and Queenie looked at each other, squealing again at their cuteness. Albus smiled at their reactions.

"So you're together? Like..REALLY together?" Jacob asked. The two nodded, both smiling at him. "THIS guy makes you happy?" he asked Albus, who blushed and nodded as he laughed in response. "Really...well I can't say I'm surprised because you were very couple-y back there at Hog's. And pretty cute, if we're being honest." Jacob smiled over to Gellert, who gave a nod of thanks.

"Welcome to the fam, Mister Grindelwald." Jacob spoke, standing to shake his hand as a peace truce.

"Call me Gellert." he smiled, standing to accept his handshake.

Jacob was still having a hard time switching to a first name basis, but he soon gave in. "Jacob." he smiled back, feeling more trusting in Gellert than before.

The friends all chatted for a while and Newt slowly started to open up a bit more, though he were still butthurt over Albus telling Minerva but not him. Suddenly, Queenie gasped, grabbing Tina's arm.