Chapter 28

Luke Anderson's POV:

"What did the doctor says?" I asked my dad after he talked to my doctor. I am suffering with my brain tumor. After my mom and sister's death I started having this shit. Well, they probably missed me that's why I have this, right?

Napaupo siya sa kama at napasapo. He suddenly shook his head, looking down. "I'm sorry, hijo. Wala na talagang pag asa.." that's when I know, he was crying. Walang luhang lumabas sa mga mata ko.

I don't fucking care if I die. That's my destiny anyway. What could  I do?

The next day, I was playing my violen when I heard a sound of a car. Lumabas ako para tingnan ito. Pumunta ako sa likudan ng garden sa harap ng gate. I saw Alexandra, my brother's ex girlfriend and she was with someone.

I don't know what's gotten in my mind but I picked up a small stones. Binato ko ang babae kaya sapok sa ulo ang nakuha ko kay Alexandra. The woman looked like in her late 20s. Mas matanda sa akin. And later did I know that woman will be my yaya.

Hindi ko pinatahimik ang unang gabi niya sa bahay kaya kinabukasan pinagalitan ako. "What's wrong with you?!"my dad scolded me. "Nawalan ka na ba ang respeto, Luke?! Hindi kita pinalaki ng ganyan!"

"Do I need to give her a respect? Una sa lahat hindi ko hiniling magkaroon ng bantay! Bakit ba ang hirap sa inyo 'yon?!" But the looks of him, he was a bit disappointed.

"You need someone to lean on, Luke!"

"I don't need one! I want to be myself. Alone."

After that argument hindi niya talaga pinaalis ang babae or should I call her Hyara.

Hyara has a sense of humor. She was different to my past yayas. Madaling matakot ang mga naunang nagbantay sa akin but for Hyara, she has a fighting spirit and sometimes she's scary.

Later did I know we have the same taste when it comes to arts. She helped me a lot. Seeing her in her worst makes me laugh but  sometimes I felt butterflies in my stomach.

Tuwing umaga, nagigising ako sa maingay niyang bunganga. "Hoy, Luke! Alas otso na, gumising kana riyan!"

Sometimes she saw me topless but I don't care, that's how I sleep. Ilang oras, araw at linggo rin kaming aso't pusa sa bahay. And my feelings for her started developing.

When her friends came by, naglasing sila roon sa rooftop.

"Hala sir! Si Hyara at mga friends niya, lasing na"bungad sa akin ni Eka nang paakyat ako sa kwarto. Tumigil ako sandali at nag isip. "Call kuya and manang"ani ko bago pumunta sa rooftop.

Naabutan ko sila roong lasing na lasing. They're fucking drunk. Sa bilang ko they finished the 4 bottles of a beer. Inalalayan ni kuya si Alex si Eka naman kay Zoey and I was having a hard time carrying Hyara. Ang bigat niya. But we managed to put them in Hyara's room.

"Sir, para akong mahihilo sa bigat. Una na ako ha?"Eka said before she went out. Naiwan ako sa loob ng kwarto kasama sila. Nilagyan ko sila ng comforter before my face chuckled.  "How cute" I whispered before I went out.

The next day we went to the lake. It makes me calmed there. Tahimik lang lahat. Nang makaramdam kami ng gutom I decided to brought her to the 'R.drinks&pastries' when I saw kuya's friend, Tritton Rodriguez.

Hyara seems shocked when she saw him. Mukhang nanginginig pa siya noong nag pakilala kay Trit. Todo tanggi naman siya sa akin noong tinanong ko kaya nanahimik nalang ako.

We kept seeing Tritton and Era often. Tritton looked like he knows something about Hyara and that makes me confused.

Noong nagkalagnat ako dahil sa paliligo sa ulan, I was more worried about Hyara that I. She was having a hard time,taking care of me. Ilang gabi siyang hindi nakatulog dahil sa akin.

I wanted to express my feelings for her but I was scared. I was scared that she'll reject me or what if not? What if she likes me too? Then paano nalang kung mawawala rin lang ako? I don't wanna hurt her. Ayokong umasa siya sa akin.

Tritton and her went to a date noong ni reto ko siya kay Tritton. Kahit masakit sa akin, tinutulak ko siya papalayo. Gabi na nang umuwi si Hyara, good thing she was safe.

When my kuya celebrated his party, hindi ko talaga balak lumabas but there's one thing that pushed me. Si Hyara. She was with Tritton again, nag lalasing. Dali dali akong nag bihis at lumabas nang makita ako ni Era.

"Hey, you looked good tonight!"bati ni Era sa akin. I smiled a bit before I held her waist. It wasn't my intention to make Hyara jealous because I know she doesn't like me.

Nakikipag kwentuhan kami ni Era sa mga kaibigan niya but my eyes.. I was staring at Hyara for a long time who was crazily dancing. Nang mapansin kong lasing at nahihilo na iniwan ko sandali si Era at pumunta sa dalawa. Her head bumped into my chest.

"I'll take care of her, thanks"ani ko kay Trit habang inaalalayan si Hyara. I carried her like a bride style.

"I told you not to drink to much but here you are, sobbing"pagrereklamo ko habang nilalagyan siya ng comforter.  I kissed her forehead before I said goonight and went out.

Pagkatapos ng araw na iyon I suddenly noticed her feelings for me.

"You're lovable man, Luke" she said. Nasa lawa kami kasama sina Tritton at Era, namamasyal. That's when I knew that our feelings are mutual.

When her mother had an operation I drove her there. Saka ko lang nalaman na anak siya ni mr. Evasco. They're fucking rich but she rather decided to work as a yaya? I guess there's a problem between her and her family.

I stayed in my brother's condo. Hindi ako umuwi ng bahay para may kasama si Hyara. Kinabukasan nag luto ako ng adobo sa kaniya at bumalik sa hospital. She was shocked when she saw  me infront of the door.

"Luke?"

We went to a restaurant after that. Hindi ako padalos dalos sa sinabi ko kaya nagkaroon kami ng alitan sa loob ng restaurant.

I decided to went out baka mas lalong magkagulo but she followed me. Binilisan ko ang lakad ko but she kept following me.

"Luke! Just give me enough reasons to leave your house!"she shouted. I could sense the rain, it was coming. "Nakakapagod kang habulin" napatigil ako sa sinabi niya. I looked at her and her eyes started to tear as the rain falls.

"I told you! I can work without feelings involve, why are you doing this?!"

Alam kong nasaktan ko siya but it hurts  me more. Kung may pag kakataon lang sana akong mabuhay pa ng matagal, I'll fucking court her and cherish her.

"Mamamatay na ako" that's when I know she  grabbed my hoodie that makes us kissed. What a draka. After that we started dating. When we met her brother I know how frustrated she was but then they talked.

Nagtaka rin ako nang makita ko si Tritton sa labas ng hospital. He fucking confessed his feelings to Hyara kaya hindi ko maiwasang mainis. Saka ko lang din nalamang si Hyara ang bride na tumakbo noon sa kasalan nila ni Tritton. Buti nga, di naman sila bagay!

We decided to make a memorable things before I left. Everything seems fine. Everything I do, I make sure she's with it.

I did not know that it was her birthday. I was just surprised when I saw her friends and family inside the house. Buti at wala si papa, mabibigla rin iyon. After we celebrated her birthday  umuwi na ang lahat kaya kami nalang ang naiwan.

Umupo ako sa gilid ng pool at ganoon rin siya.

Tumingala ako at tiningnan ang langit. The moon shines so bright. Napatingin rin siya roon. Itinuro ko ito bigla.

"Kapag wala na ako, tingin ka lang dyan. Andyan ako, Hyara"

I don't know why but I felt like I hurt her.

"I am aware and that hurts so please... Stop saying that"she said.

I held her cheek before my face approached her.

"I love you, Hyara. Mamahalin kita palagi"

I said before I planted her lips a kiss.