When you leave

"I don't like it when you leave me," Tom said softly, holding Kate close and kissing the top of her head. As always she smelled amazing and she was rugged up in jeans, boots and a pink ruffled shirt with a heavy brown coat. They were about to leave for Heathrow and said their goodbyes at Tom's apartment rather than in front of the cameras.
"Tom, you're about to leave for Christmas anyway, and when I come back I'm moving in."
"I know, but I don't like it when you leave me. Don't make a habit of it." He smiled his big genuine smile, the one that touched his blue eyes and made them sparkle.
"I'll do my best," Kate looked up in to his eyes. "If you do the same."
"Hehe you'll just have to follow me everywhere then."
He bent to kiss her lips softly, and she probed his mouth with her tongue. When he pulled away he put his forehead to hers. "If we don't get in the car in the next minute you're not going to have much choice." Tom took her hand and led her to the car, opening the passenger door for her. Kate was not at all accustomed to the London weather, it was cold, dark and a little snow fell on to her face. She had to admit it was beautiful, but she certainly had never woken to snow in Newcastle or Los Angeles!

When they arrived at Heathrow Tom got Kate's bag from the back and pulled her in to another tight hug. As expected there were photographers everywhere, she wasn't sure she would ever get used to it but her 3 weeks in London with Tom had made her a little more comfortable. He kissed her lips softly, pausing to whisper "I love you," in to her ear.
"I love you too" she said, taking the handle of her bag. Tom waved to the crowd that had gathered before getting in the car, and Kate began her walk in to the airport. A few photographers called out to her, wanting a clear shot, and she had to turn around and give it to them when one called "love the new cast, Kate, very festive!"

She checked in and headed for the lounge, checking her phone on the way. She had a message from Tom already: 10 days, and another from her younger sister Lizzie: 23 hours. Kate chuckled to herself, it was good to know the loves in her life were on the same wavelength.
She settled in the lounge with a coffee and flexed her left hand fingers gingerly. A few weeks earlier she had had a horseriding accident while on a trip to Massachusetts with Tom and ended up in hospital with fractures all over her left side. The only one still giving her trouble was her wrist. Being a musician, particularly a pianist, they had decided on a long conservative recovery which meant a new cast every fortnight and physio twice a week. Thankfully at her appointment the day before she appeared to be healing well, and they had given her a red and green striped fiberglass cast for Christmas.
Checking the board Kate confirmed her flight to Sydney was so far on time. She couldn't wait to get back home to her family for a few days. Putting her earphones in and music on, she relaxed in her chair until it was time to board.

Tom went straight to the Donmar after dropping Kate at the airport and prepared for the performance that night. He had been so blessed to have her here for 3 weeks, it was unplanned and she had surprised him by turning up for opening night. Finding out she had signed up to record some vocals for Ed Sheeran, and was moving in with him permanently had just topped off an amazing month. Amazing month to end a fantastic year he thought, remembering the first time they had met when the Pirate Fairy had wrapped. He was snapped out of it by a knock on his dressing room door. Rehearsal time.