Goodbye's are painful

In A Different Universe
January 1 2033. George Davidson A famous astronaut, had a mission to travel to outer space and explore the different planets in the different universes.

January 2 was the day he will be taking off to outer space.

He was kinda nervous even tho his been doing this for years now.

That night as he was about to sleep he thought "what will happen if this mission fails? Will i die?" As he stared blankly out his bedroom window, he heard a notification, he checked his phone and saw Alex messaged him saying "Good luck on your mission tommorow:D" he smiled at the message and replyed to Alex "Thanks Alex" then he turned off his phone then went to sleep.

January 2 finally came. He woke up at 5am and took a cab to the Space Finders aka SF the place he worked in for years.

When he got there he saw Alex, Wilbur, Nick and Tommy.

George started to tear up knowing if this mission goes wrong he might die and never see them again. But it was his choice wasn't it? Alex, Wilbur, Nick and Tommy all hugged George.

As George was about to board the spaceship, he looked back one last time to his bestfriends.

And said "Goodbye, lets meet again next time."

Tears started to form in Georges eyes, he wiped it off then put his helmet on. All his bestfriends waved him good bye. "3 2 1! Take off!"