Chapter 11- Don't want to Lose You too

It was five in the morning, when someone knocked on Axton's door. Sensing that it was his sister, he said a small Come in, and continued with his exercise.

Sam looked at her brother fondly and said," You seem excited."

Axton said while panting," Of course I am! It's master Ying."

Sam smiled.
Axton had always been a big fan of Ying. Since he started his training as warrior, he always dreamt of being trained by Ying. And now that his dream was finally getting fulfilled, he couldn't control his excitement. It was a rare sight indeed to see Axton this much excited.

Sam sat on his bed and continued," How is this Avery guy?"

Axton looked at her blankly and didn't comment anything but, his cheeks were starting to turn red.

She teased him," Ohhhh......,you like him!"

Axton turned away from her," I didn't say that."

"Oh? So, you don't like him? Then maybe I should introduce Sky to-"

Axton immediately interrupted her," No!"

Sam laughed at his reaction. It was fun teasing Axton.
She said," Anyways, you know, that Dylan guy?"

Axton nodded.

"Benjamin thinks he is telling the truth. The three omegas he said that died, we found them buried near the former main house, his so called father is also missing and I heard that Eastern Lake islands is the crappiest place for an omega. And also, there isn't a single omega born after Dylan in that town. Isn't that suspicious?"

Axton sighed and looked at his sister. If Dylan was telling the truth about how his father lost his mate, then even Sam would turn out like that. She would go insane the moment she would find the murderer of her mate. And things could go really nasty. He just wished his sister would not lose herself completely in this whole revenge thing.
Yeah, he would never know how it felt to lose a soul mate but he definitely knew what it meant to lose a sibling. He didn't want to go through that painful ordeal again.

In the cold winter morning, all the wolves were training, like everyday, while Axton and rest of the team waited for Ying to show up. Avery who was sitting besides Axton commented," Chris is late."

Becky and Betty looked at eachother but didn't say anything because they themselves didn't know where he was. They tried calling him multiple times but weren't able to reach him at all.

Izze snorted," Maybe he is still sleeping. That useless ass."

Betty glared at her and warned," Don't talk like that about him. He still holds an upper rank than you."

Izze also glared back," A beta holds an upper rank than an alpha? F**k off."

Betty," He belongs to Carter family. Do not forget that, you c*nt."

"…"

Soon, they all fell in silence. Noone was ready to talk with eachother. It was getting more and more difficult for them to get along because they were divided in two sides. One was defending Chris all the time and other was insulting him. It was frustrating for everyone.

Avery leaned back on a wall and asked particularly noone," What do you think about Chris?"

Axton gave him a weird look and didn't comment anything.

Betty sneered," What is with that question, omega?"

Avery gave her a lazy look and said," First of all, I have a name. And it's not omega. And second of all, I am not asking a negative question. I am just curious about your brother. What's his deal? I mean, why the hell does he stay so far away from his family? Why is he so cold to Alpha Benjamin? And, why the f**k he isn't healing?"

Travis said honestly," It's not a good thing to ask such questions, Avery."

Becky nodded," Exactly."

Avery shrugged his shoulders," If we are going to be a team, then I believe the answers to these questions are necessary. I don't want to deal with a personal family dispute of any of my team members."

Everyone went quiet. It was better not to comment anything on such sensitive topics. So, Travis changed the topic," Alpha Axton, right?"

Axton looked at him and nodded.

"What makes you join this mission?"

Axton replied plainly," Training."

"But isn't this way too dangerous for your first mission and training?"

"I can say same thing about you."

Travis laughed," But I am not at a high position like you are. So, even if I die it won't matter. But, that isn't the same case for you. It's just shocking that your sister allowed you to come."

Axton said in monotone," Every single one of us have their secrets of joining this mission. Even you. And same goes for me."

Travis looked satisfied by this response and nodded in acknowledgement.

Soon, Benjamin and Elijah walked near them and everyone stood up. Some were excited, some were terrified about what was going to come next.
Elijah smiled at them and said," Well, master Ying is here. I hope you will all be able to keep up with him. All the best to all of you."

Benjamin," Don't disappoint us. And I am warning you, no slacking off. Give your best. I want zero complaints. Do you hear me?"

"Yes!"

Betty asked her brother," Alpha Benjamin, Chris isn't here yet. Is he not going to come?"

"Maybe he won't."

Clyde snorted," Even though he is injured, isn't this a basic manner to atleast come and introduce himself."

Benjamin gave him a nasty look and walked away from them without saying anything. Clyde smirked and sat back down as if he had won some battle.

Meanwhile, Chris was huffing and panting on the floor of his bedroom. He was completely red due to extreme pain he was feeling in his chest. He groaned and turned on his other side.

His house was extremely cold but then also he was sweating bullets. He was feeling that his body was getting extremely hot. So, he slowly got up and walked up to his kitchen. He was just going to open his fridge door to get some ice to cool himself down but slipped and fell down hard on his chest, which was still in plaster.
This was the last straw for him and finally he gave up to his exhaustion, resulting in him passing out on the cold floor, all alone.