Chapter 35

I woke up to a strange atmosphere. Waking up next to Declan was new but comfortable. The bed, obviously being a few inches above the ground resulted in a thud from my weight, all early in the morning.

Rosie and her mother were out this whole weekend to meet Rosie's uncle, who is also Declan's adoptive father. I wonder why Declan didn't go along with them.

I walked over to Declan prepared to make an enquiry. I literally just woke up.

"Why didn't you go with Rosie to meet your dad?"

"He isn't my dad" I hear

"Okay, well of course, but why don't you wanna meet him?"

"He isn't a nice man, Su. He only hurts others and if he finds out about us..."

"Then what?" I ask not expecting a turn in the story. This man sounds serious. Declan obviously doesn't like him.

"Nothing, don't worry about it. My dad and I don't see eye to eye. Is that so weird?"

"Yes, Naina and I get along very well although that's different from your case, it's mandatory for the foster parent to get along with their foster kids, right?" I point out

"When you have money, nothing matters," he says caressing my cheek, soothing the blush with his thumb. Well, there goes my train of thought.

"I have to go now. It's Sunday, I have uh assignments to finish." I make an excuse trying to get out of this before my body ends up sore again.

"Using me for my body already" Declan fake gasps mocking me.

I roll my eyes "Go away. I have to go but we can meet again this evening at—"

"Kate's Kafe, I know" he states

"Will you remember? It opens at 4 pm. I know you easily forget"

"I'll remember, always" he replies cutting me off again.

========
Don't forget to
Comment
Like
Share
I hope you enjoy!!!
Tell me what you like, I'm introducing another character.

All the italics are actually lines that Naina says to Sebastian.