P A R T O N E

Part One

2006 - 2008

* + * + * + * + *

MACKENZIE JOSEPHINE AINSWORTH DID NOT plan or particularly want to meet Ed Sheeran.

Given, at that point in time (accurately speaking in early July 2006) 'Ed Sheeran' wasn't a name shouted by (m)any desperate and hysterical (fan)girls but most commonly by reprimanding and oftentimes very exasperated teachers and parents (read: usually his parents, except that one time) because "boy, that bloke knew how to get himself into trouble". 

Despite this, as she'd come later to know "notorious ways of his", it remained a name that Mackenzie, 'new girl' in town, had hardly heard or paid attention to until she was literally forced to sit on his lap at their first time meeting. In a bar. Her first time at a bar. Underage!!! 

Well, you get the picture. 

It's pretty simple when you think about it actually, Macks couldn't have wanted to meet Ed if she had tried really.

Well, she had met him anyway. And they became...friends. The best kind of friends even...until...

Well, it was safe to say that everything that followed she didn't exactly plan either.

But it happened.

And she told herself it was fine because this stuff, well, it didn't change anything for them.

Friends kiss each other all the time, it was no biggie, right?

Wrong.

It's absolutely not fine when conscious (or unconscious in the end it never mattered anyway)want is in the game. The kind of want that goes beyond hormonal and sexual desires of teenagers (though those are complicated and stress-inducing enough as it is) and that mayvery well fuck up all your plans.

Whoops.