05

"Okay, do you have a seven?" I ask with a small yawn to Stiles who sits across the table from me as we're playing go fish. 

He studies his cards for a second and groans. "How are you so good at this?" He asks as he throws me the card which I pick up with a smirk. 

"It's called talent. Something you will never possess." I say as I wink at him and he pulls the finger at me as I return his card to my pile.

Suddenly my phone begins to ring and I fumble around in my pocket as I fish it out and see it's Scott. I answer it immediately and put it on the answerphone for Stiles too. 

"Guys! Guys, you'll never guess what happened today at work!" He says and I look at Stiles with a raised eyebrow. 

"A dog bit you and now you're growing a tail?" I ask sarcastically and Stiles snickers as he holds up his hand for a high-5. 

"No! Allison agreed to go on a date with me!" He says, barely able to contain his glee. I gasp. 

"Congrats Scotty!" I say grinning and even Stiles is smiling. "That's awesome! Now Stiles just has to ask out Lydia and you guys can go on double dates." I say smirking at Stiles who rolls his eyes. 

"That's pretty neat. When are you going out?" Stiles asks ignoring me. 

"Friday, we're going to that party thing." Scott's voice is still high with emotion. 

"Well, you've got to tell us how it goes," I say as I begin to pack up my cards. "See you later Scott." As I say the words he hangs up on me. 

Stiles looks down at the games and narrows his eyebrows. "We're not done." He proclaims as I've already packed away my cards. 

"Yes, we are. I won, as per usual. Plus mom texted me saying I have to go." I say grinning at him and he groans as he throws his hands up. 

"You cheated." He says pointing a finger at me and I roll my eyes. 

"Uh-huh sure," I say sarcastically as I place all the cards back in the box. "See you later Sti," I say as I pat him on the head jokingly as I walk down the hall and past his dad. 

"Malena." He says with a grin and I fake a salute as I grin. 

"Sheriff," I say as I walk out the door and smile as I see it had began to rain. 

I'm standing with Scott waiting for him as he loads his stuff into his locker before his final day of try-outs. 

"Where the hell has Stiles gone to?" I ask as I scan the hallway when all of a sudden I hear a bang and turn to see Jackson has Scott up against his locker. I take a step back and Jackson ignores my presence completely as Scott looks at me confused.

" All right, little man. How 'bout you tell me where you're getting your juice." He demands and I look at him as blankly as Scott does. 

"What?" We ask at the same time. 

Jackson looks at me irritated but counties with Scott. "Where. Are. You. Getting. Your. Juice?" He asks emphasizing every syllable as though Scott is stupid. 

Scott blinks at him confused. "My mom does all the grocery shopping." He says and I let out a snort of laughter. 

Jackson glowers at him as he still doesn't give up. "Now, listen, McCall-- you're gonna tell me exactly what it is and who you're buying it from because there's no way in hell you're out there kicking ass on the field like that without some sort of chemical boost."