I walk past Mr. Hariss who glowers at me and I smile weakly.  "You three are late."

"Yep. We're aware." I say pushing Stiles and Scott to a bench where the three of us can sit together in front of a Bunsen Burner and not be disturbed by Mr Harisss who is standing at the front.

"Maybe it was my blood on the door?" Scott asks, his tone high-pitched as he tries to whisper.

I sigh, "Well, it could have been animal blood."

Stiles scoots himself onto my tool so we're sharing half a seat, his elbow nudges me in the stomach and I let out a groan.

"You never know, maybe Scott caught a rabbit or something?"

Scott turns to him horrified, "And did what?" He demands.

"Ate it." Stiles shrugs again.

Scott's face drops, "Raw?" He demands.

I watch as Mr Harris stalks over to us and I cough loudly to try and get Stiles and Scott's attention, they both ignore me.

Stiles rolls his eyes and scoffs. "No! You stopped to bake it in a little  werewolf oven!" Scott looks even more confused. "I don't know, man you're the one who can't remember anything."

"Mr. Stilisnki." Mr Harris says and Stiles jumps, almost falling off the seat we are sharing. "If that is your idea of a quiet whisper you might want to pull the headphones out every once in and while."

Stiles fakes a laugh at the snide teacher.

"I think you, Mr. McCall and Miss James would benefit from a little distance, yes? Especially Miss James as you seem to be pushing her off her own chair."

I feel my cheeks heat up at the call out in front of the class.

Stiles scoffs. "No!"

Harris stares at Scott before gesturing to the front to a seat near Harley and Stiles is moved to a seat next to Jackson. He points to me and then the only other empty seat left, the seat next to the guy from the lacrosse match, Isaac.

I move my books before Stiles and Scott do and hurriedly move away.

"Let me know if the separation anxiety gets to be too much." Mr Harris says snarky and I resist the urge to flip him off.

I sit down next to Isaac, who is silent.

"Look Isaac I just wanted to say-'' I start and before I can apologise for what happened earlier Harley interrupts me.

"Hey, I think they found something!" She shouts, standing up.

I look at Isaac who is still refusing to make eye contact before standing and walking to the window where the class has gathered.

Outside in the parking lot, an ambulance is parked at a corner with its lights and sirens on, and two paramedics are quickly wheeling a stretcher with a middle-aged adult man on it towards the open doors in the back of the ambulance.

"That's not a rabbit..." Scott says and I nod.

The man on the stretcher sits up suddenly and begins to scream in fear as he grips the arm of the paramedics rolling him into the ambulance.

Scott walks away from the window in a trance of panic, standing near where I had just left Isaac.

"Okay! This is good, this is definitely good! He got up, he's not dead. Dead guys can't do that."

Scott's face is one of horror. "I did that."

As we walk to the cafeteria I can tell that the whole ordeal is still bothering Scott as he basically runs to the lunch line.