09

I have my computer set up on my desk, ready for Stiles and Scott to video-chat me. Stiles had been babbling about telling us all that happened to Jackson, but he only wanted to tell the story once.

As the call comes through I see Stiles shooting at me and Scott with a plastic gun that is lighting up and making strange sounds as he aims it at us both. I look at Scott and see that he is exhausted.

"What did you find out?" Scott asks straight away, proving my theory of him being exhausted to be correct.

Stiles drops the gun with a sigh as he looks into his computer camera. "Well, it's bad. Jackson's got a separated shoulder."

"Because of Scott?" I ask at the same time as Scott goes, "because of me?"

I hear Stiles scoff at us both as though we're being ridiculous and it makes me want to strangle him.

"Because he's a tool," Stiles says with a smirk and I roll my eyes.

"But, is he gonna play?" Scott asks nervously.

"I doubt he knows or cares for that matter," I say and Stiles looks offended.

"Actually I do, no one knows yet, they're all counting on you for Saturday," Stiles says, sounding a little bit apologetic.

"Fuck." I mumur and Scott sighs.

I look up at the screen and see Stiles leaning in closer to his own, squinting with a slight frown. I examine my screen, mocking his mannerism.

Scott looks into his camera and then at both of us on his screen. "What?" He demands.

Stiles stops his squinting and his eyes widen in fear and shock. I realise that he's not actually being a dick and has actually noticed something so I try to look at what he was looking at. I look at Scott's screen because that is the only logical explanation.

I notice something behind Scott just as Stiles starts to say something

"It looks like there's something behind you," He says but Scott has a look of confusion on his face and the glitching I sigh.

"Stiles he can't hear you. He's glitching out." I say and Stiles mutters something under his breath but still has the same horrified look.

He pulls up his chat bar and begins to type. "It looks like there's someone behind you."

But still, Scott seems to be confused, and his screen freezes again.

"Stiles," I whisper, now noticing the figure getting closer. "Stiles, it's coming towards him!" I hiss and then his screen goes black.

"Shit!" Stiles yells and he goes to slam his computer just as I yell out, "don't!"

He hesitates as he looks at me with confusion.

"He might come back," I say with a shrug and Stiles sighs.

"My ass he will, it's probably Derek!" He reasons and I shake my head just as a very sweaty, anxious, terrified Scott shows up again.

I resist the urge to say I told you so but decide against it when I see Scott's face.

"What happened?" Stiles asks desperately.

"Derek." He says out of breath. "Here. Murder. Me." He says between hard, loud, gasping breaths.

"Slow down, Scott. Breathe slowly and then try again." I say and Scott takes another deep breath.

"Derek said that if I try to play on Saturday he's going to murder me himself," Scott said, still gasping for breath.

I let out a small gasp. "Scott, you can't play! He'll make good on his promise. You and I both know that!"