teenagers

Aaliyah Morelli

Aaliyah Morelli. A force to be reckoned with, just like her mother. The Italian princess of east highland, mostly known for dating the infamous drug dealer Fezco O'Neill.

Aaliyah's dad left when her mother fell pregnant with her at 19, leaving Maria Morelli to raise the little rascal all on her own.

She wasn't a bad girl as such. She made some stupid decisions, got herself into some stupid situations, and got in trouble every so often. She was brave, bold, and beautiful. Most of all, she was willing to throw herself into the deep end and try something new. But that didn't mean she was bad, because she really wasn't. In hindsight, I guess that's why everything that happened, happened.

I mean, I don't know why you're listening to me anyway. I'm a crappy crappy narrator and honestly, as a drug addict, am probably not the most reliable source. So, hi. I'm rue, and I'll be telling you the story of Aaliyah Morelli and Fezco O'Neill, and what came to be of a very unwelcoming situation.

——

Aaliyah sat perched on the edge of fezco's bath, head between her hands as she stared down at the floor in complete terror.

Her whole body shook, as she waited for the timer on her phone to go off. Every second that went by sent a soft sound through the bathroom, the clock above the doorway echoing.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

The alarm blared throughout the bathroom, making Aaliyah jump before hurriedly clicking it off.

Her hands shook as she looked over at the sink beside her, she was petrified of what she would see. What she knew she was going to see, but what she was dreading coming to terms with.

She reached over carefully and picked up the white stick, holding it downwards facing for a few seconds to compose herself before she took a deep breath and turned it upright.

Pregnant.

Tears slipped out of her hazel eyes, one by one, the test slipping out of her shaky hands and hitting the floor with a small crack.

Someone suddenly knocked on the bathroom door, making Aaliyah jump again.

"Fuck!" She whispered, wiping her tears and standing up, grabbing the test from the floor and wrapping it in toilet paper before shoving it deep into the bottom of the small bin near the door.

"'Liyah? You good in there baby?" She heard fez's slow timeless voice ring through the door, as she unlocked it and opened it hastily, a wobbly smile spreading across her lips as she looked at him.

"Yeah I'm okay fez, don't worry." Aaliyah mumbled, leaning up and pressing a soft kiss to her boyfriends cheek before shuffling past him and making her way down the hallway to his bedroom.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Aaliyah didn't tell fezco?? How stupid. What a silly girl. She should've told him straight away, right? WRONG. absolutely completely and utterly WRONG. She was young, a high schooler, he was 19, and a drug dealer.

They were both still teenagers, both still had so much to do with their lives and so much to see and experience. There was absolutely no scenario in which this would look pretty for either of them, so why would she need to tell fezco anything at all if there's nothing to tell in the first place?

Aaliyah made herself comfortable in fezco's bed, pulling her phone out straight away to text her sister.

Well, her cousin really. But Aaliyah saw Alanis her as a little sister. Alanis was abused relentlessly by her mother, Aaliyah's aunty, and her father. So, Maria stepped in and took Alanis off of her sisters hands, despite being a young mother herself.

That was over 6 years ago now though, and the family had grown increasingly close over the time Alanis had been living with the two.

Hence, that was why Aaliyah was texting Alanis to tell her she was pregnant, instead of her mother being the first to know.

Liyah:
It's pregnant bruh
how do I tell fezco??

Alanis:
I'll be fucked if I
know sista. Are you
gonna keep it?

Liyah:
I don't know. I'm so
scared alanis, I don't
think I'm ready yet.

Alanis:
I know. Maybe book an
appointment with a dr or
something, to see how far
along you are. Will you tell
Fez?

Liyah:
I'll have to at some point.
Not now though. I need to figure
out what I'm doing first. Then I'll
decide whether I tell him or not
and when. Pls don't tell mum <3

Alanis:
Secrets safe with me liyah.
Ily<3
Liyah liked a message

And so, with that, Aaliyah switched her phone off and snuggled into the familiar bedsheets of her boyfriend, trying to sneak a nap in but failing as her brain was moving at 200 miles an hour.

Fez walked into the room, changing into sweatpants and a long sleeved white shirt before getting into bed behind Aaliyah, pulling her back against his chest and holding her close.

She felt safe in his arms, and instantly relaxed, forgetting about her sudden predicament for a few seconds before he gently brushed his thumb over her stomach absentmindedly, instantly jolting her back into the harsh reality.

"You sure ya good baby? Seem very off right now." Fez muttered sleepily into her ear, sending shivers down her spine and causing goosebumps to rise on her exposed arms.

"Uh huh- yeah I'm all good. I love you." Aaliyah hurried out, before snuggling into her pillow more and gulping down the pure anxiety that was bubbling in her chest and throat.

"I love you too pretty." Fez mumbled out, before they fell silent and Aaliyah could hear the soft snores of Fez 10 minutes later.

She loved him, but boy oh boy was she scared. This was need to her, and completely and utterly daunting.

Oh god, she was so fucked.

990

990