𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

fortunately, phoebe managed to talk lexi's boyfriend down, well, before he threw damon against a wall out of frustration, but he would be okay.

mostly.

anyway, the man sped off causing phoebe to let out an relieved sigh and rushed over to the weak salvatore, helping him.

later, whilst phoebe was sleeping in the car, damon had killed bree for her involvement in lexi's boyfriend using the teen as bait to kill him.

~~~~~~~~~~

THE NEXT DAY

the next morning, damon drove his car down the road back to mystic falls, where life is still crappy.

inside the car, phoebe asked, in curiosity,"so, why did you bring me with you?'' she turned her head to the raven-haired salvatore.

''well, you're not the worst company in the world, phoebe. might actually be becoming one of my very good friends'' he stated honestly, glancing toward the girl, who gave him a look,''you should give yourself more credit''.

''seriously?''

''you were just there in the road. all damsel in distress-like. and i knew it would piss off stefan. and...you're not the worst company in the world, phoebe'' damon repeated what he just said, sending a warm smile her way.

she returned it before turning her head to the front,''i used to be more fun''.

''you did okay'' he mildly complimented her.

'you have some nerve' phoebe thought as she reminded him,''i saved your life''.

''i know''.

''and don't you ever forget it'' she narrowed her eyes at the older salvatore with a playful smile.

the two sat in an comfortable silence for the rest of the ride, not even rendering of all the problems that awaited them in the small town they called 'home'.

~~~~~~~~~~

back in mystic falls, phoebe headed back to the salvatore boarding house, willing to give stefan a chance to explain his connection to her grandmother and the connection between elena and katherine.

the younger salvatore sat at a desk in his room, twirling a pen in his fingers anxiously, thinking about nothing but phoebe.

speaking of, the dawson girl walks into the room, which he heard and stood from the desk when he turns his head and sees her standing there,''hi''.

''hi. you could have told me'' she said, walking further into the room.

''i wanted to tell you''.

"you said no more lies. only the truth. i can handle the truth, stefan. as crazy as it is, i can handle the fact that you and damon are vampires. and that my best friend is a witch. i can accept the fact that the world is a much more mysterious place than i ever thought possible. but this—this lie, i cannot take. what am i to you? who am i to you? am i just this replica of my great-grandmother you knew a long time ago?''

''you are not victoria and elena is not katherine. you two are the opposite of everything that they ever were''.

''and when did you figure that out? before you dated my best friend? before you kissed me? or maybe before we slept together?'' phoebe questioned, her angry rising as she looked at stefan.