Chapter 2

"King Ambrose." Faolan said respectfully, walking deeper into his office.
"Hello Faolan, how's my favorite pack leader doing these days?" Ambrose said with fake interest.
"Well, Sir, as you know, we are having trouble with ke..."
"Yes, son that is wonderful. Great news." King Ambrose interrupted him, showing how little he actually cared for his Sloans.

The King of Minha was sitting at his dark oak desk, everything in this room screamed "normal".
But they've all learned how deceiving looks can be. It was one of the first things he taught them, to never trust anyone and never let your gaurd down.

His desk never had anything on it that looked abnormal, there were no weapons on display anywhere in his office, that being unusual because of all the money he inherited.
Therefore he could create this empire all for himself, and raise these warriors from little, helpless children they were, to the fighters they came to be today.

Everything in this room represented an office for a businessman, surprising every Sloan that has walked into this office, making them wonder in what dimension they've got themselves trapped in.
Some have had the guts to ask this man a question, to ask why this office is so different from the rest of the house, which he just simply responded with a soft snort or a scoff. Not saying any words.

"Well Alpha, you're probably wondering why I've called you in so early."

No, actually I'm just wondering how you fit that giant head of yours up your ass.

"Yes, King" he responded instead.

*****

"We have a problem!" Faolan announced breathlessly, he had just run all the way from her dad's office to meet her in the stables, which is a fair distant from each other.

"No, you have a problem, I have an idiot who keeps getting into one." Almira replied, rolling her eyes. Not even bothering to turn around and face him.

Faolan gaped, his mouth moving open and closed, trying to come up with a better comeback.
"Not that type of problem." is all he could master.

"That's what you said last time." she said nonchalantly, petting D'arcy on her neck, playing with her long, silky mane.

"Okay, I'm just gonna leave the conversation right there." he said raising a hand to pet D'arcy as well.

"You're father wants us to go to the village." he announced, not giving it another thought.

Almira visibly tensed, her hand dropping at her sides, she knew what that meant, her father is going to have another "harvest", and he's taking Faolan's pack with him for extra help, it never is an easy or pleasant procedure.

"He can't just continue doing this, taking the children out of their homes, not giving them a chance to say goodbye, how can someone be so cruel?" She said, looking at the ground at the thought of Faolan going through the same when he was a normal little boy.

Although very little of them can remember what happened on the day of her "Taking", it was still eating at her insides.

D'arcy shifted on her feet, causing Mira to snap out of her thoughts. When she looked up she was met with two giant, nut brown eyes.
Thinking exactly the same as her.
To go on a ride.

Almira straightened her back, walking right past Faolan, towards the tack room.

She can't wait to go on a ride and clear her head.

*****

On her way back home, riding past a few warriors she spots an unfamiliar girl, busy trying to decapitate her dummy.

"Hey there, you new?" Almira asked, not caring that it sounded rude, she was the princess, she could say whatever she wanted outside her house. No one will ever object, or dare to correct her.

"Well, if it's that obvious then you could just kill me now." She said, dropping her hands to her sides and turning to the girl on the horse. "Oh shit... you're the princess." Saying it more to herself than asking a question.

Avoiding the question, Almira jumped off of D'arcy, making her object with the sudden movement her rider has inflicted.
"Hold your hands like this" Mira said, moving the trainee's hands in front of her chest, moving them slowly towards her target, resulting in her hands to drop a few temperatures and the dummy being blasted away with shards of ice.

The trainee froze, standing completely still, she turned her hands around and staired at it, gaping.

"That came out of me?!" she whisper-yelled, moving her body further away from her hands, thinking that it would even help.

Almira snorted shaking her head.

"I was the same on my first try too." She stated.
"Seeing as you are new here, I will give you a tour of the Kingdom." She walked straight forward, grabbing D'arcy by the halter and stalking on.

"You coming?" She asked.
The girl slowly jogged to where they were walking, surprised that this woman isn't an asshole that her father turned out to be. Of course she wouldn't be the one to ask why the Princess didn't turn out to be so rude.

"Are you the Princess?" She asked, not looking Almira directly in the eye, but eyeing D'arcy instead, she looked uncomfortable.

"Yes, I am. You can just call me Almira, or Mira for short.
Are you scared of my horse, she won't hurt you, she just plays roughly." She said with a smirk tugging at her lips.

"My name's Melissa," she paused, thinking for a moment. "You're father told me that our real names aren't necessary or used here, and he said that I should say my name is Verity." She said questioning, hoping for an explanation.

"Yes." Almira replied, not saying anything more, she knew what Verity said was expected to have more of an explanation than that, but she was not going to explain the work her father does here. Although she did take a moment to acknowledge the name the King gave her, "The Truth"

Why would her father pick that name?

"Well, Verity, if you're planning on being my friend I suppose that you stop with all the questions." She said, walking into the stables, handing D'arcy over to a stable hand.

"And please, try not to turn any of your allies into popsicle sticks during your stay here."

******

Hey Readers:)

Okay, I know we don't like Mira a lot today, but this is how she is.
She comes off strong at the beginning of every friendship.

What powers do you guys think Almira should have?

Hope you enjoyed it ;)

xoxo