Chapter 5

"Seattle is in a state of terror... " Reporter said on tv at the Cullens house the next day. Tight on the television screen tuned to CNN a female reporter with a mic does a stand-up in front of pike place

"Police are baffled by the escalating murder and disappearances" The reporter said. Carlisle and Jasper watch with concern. Emmett is draped over the couch. Jane and Alec leaning against the wall talking to each other.

Bella, Amir, Edward enters as the reporter speaks more on tv. "Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial k*ll... Reporting live, Dawn Chuba. CNN" Amir sits beside Jasper who is near Alec and Jane. Jane walks over and sits in Amir lap. Amir holds her.

"It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something" Carlisle said.

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous... " Jasper said.

"Newborns" Edward said.

"What, like new vampires?" Bella asked.

"Yes Bella. New vampires" Jane mumbles out annoyed.

"In their first few months after the change" Edward said. Jasper speaks up more, "That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst"

"Something to look forward to" Emmett said ready to fight. "Right" Alec agreeing with him.

"No one has trained these newborns, but this isn't random" Jasper said.

"Someone's creating an army" Carlisle said. Jasper nods, Emmett rises, enthusiastic. "Oh, now we definitely going to Seattle"

"An Army of vampires?"

"And they've been created to fight someone" Jasper said. Jasper holds Amir hand still controlling his thirst around Bella.

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle" Edward said standing next to Bella.

"Regardless, of why they were native, if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will. I'm surprised they've let it go on this long" Carlisle's said.

"That's because they don't care. They always handle things later then it is. Not wanting to miss any fights" Alec speaks up.

"Maybe they're behind it. In Italy, I read Aro's mind. He wants me and Alice to join him... Our gifts would shore up his power. He knows we'd never choose him as long as our family is still alive. An army could solve that for him" Edward said. Bella and Amir take this in.

"That does sounds about right" Jane said in Amir arms.

"We can't wait two weeks for graduation, you need to change me now" Bella said worriedly.

"You'd be a liability as a newborn. Unable to control your instincts. An easy target" Jasper said looking at Bella.  Carlisle puts and empathetic hand on Bella's shoulder.

"There's also your father to consider. And your mother. How terrible would it be for them if you suddenly disappeared?" Bella can't argue with that. Amir thinks about.

-

In the kitchen, Riley's face on a flier that reads "Have you seen me?" Charlie who sits at the table staring at it next to Mina who's eating some chips. Amir and Bella enter. She drops her backpack down.

"I'm hungry" Amir mumbles out sitting next to Mina. Mina offers some chips. Amir eats some of it sharing with Mina.

"Hey. Did you guys eat dinner yet?" Bella asked.  "Um... no... I haven't" She looks over his shoulder and sees the flier.

"This kid Riley Biers disappeared over a year ago. And his poor parents been papering Seattle with these things ever since" Charlie said looking at the newspaper.

"You think they should just give up?" Bella asked.

"I would search the end of this earth for Amir" Mina said eating more of her chips.

"I would. If it were you... " Charlie said. Bella swallows her guilt. She was about to put him through that... and may still. Then he unexpectedly wraps an arm around her waist, pulling her close. He releases her, rising to cover his emotionality.

"So, two large, extra cheese?"
--

Amir meet up with Leah and Seth at the beach. Leah is sitting down in the sand with Seth.

"So, how old is you Seth because you look really young compared to me" Amir asked.

"I'm 17 going to be 18 soon" Seth asked.

"Geez, now I look like some pedophile for having a Mate who is 17.  I'm 23" Amir said making Leah laugh.

"Is that a problem?" Seth said pouting.

"No, you going to be 18 soon anyways" Amir said shaking his head. Seth smiles.

"Good, because rejecting me can hurt so badly. Leah told me that" Seth said confidently with his answer.

"As long as you treat my brother right. I see no problem because you are mates together. If you wasn't mates then I would see a problem" Leah said.

"Your birthday past already?"

"Yea, when Bella went into depression I celebrate with my mom and Charlie for my birthday" Amir said playing with the sand.

"Ooo, you should have had a birthday party" Seth suggested smiling.

"I should have, but I didn't maybe another time" Amir said messing Seth hair up. Seth laugh and hits his arm.

"How old is you Leah?"

"I'm 19" Leah said calmly.

"So, Seth was your last mate right?"

"Yea, why? You don't want me with more mates?" Amir asked smirking.

"No, I want you to myself, but obviously that can't happen" Leah said. Amir laughs.

"Is it really that bad to share a mate with me?" Seth said pouting.

"No, it just the others. They are blood suckers" Leah said.

"Oh makes sense. You hate them. I'm ok with them being vampires" Seth said shrugging them off.

"How could you even like vampire? They smell awful" Leah asked Seth.

"I don't know. I just don't want to cause issues like Sam does with the Cullens" Seth said.

"I don't blame you" Amir said making Seth smile.

"I can't dislike you for that plus you're my brother. That would be messed up. We need to stick together with mom" Leah said. Seth nods.

"Does your mother know I'm mated to you both?" Amir asked.

"Yes, she does want to meet you both one day" Leah said looking at Amir.

"Alright, wouldn't mind meeting her she is part of the Council" Amir said making them smile. They spend the rest of their time together on the beach and watching the waves.