Day Fourteen

Rousing from his deep slumber, the Swordsman finally awoke. Rubbing his head and grunting in pain, he looked to be completely out of it.

"Arthur!"

The Ranger rushed over to her injured comrade as fast as her legs could take her. Which given the current condition of her own body, wasn't very fast at all.

"Kreia? What happened?"

"The skeletons saved us. Again."

The Crusader responded instead with a dejected tone. His words though had inspired the Swordsman to finally look around and see the carnage that had befallen them. His friends, bruised and battered, though with only minor injuries, likely thanks to the potions they brought with him. The shattered bones and weapons of my soldiers were strewn about the debris-filled room and the man they had convinced to come with them, to show them how to make it to the 20th floor, lay dead on the ground. His torso had been smashed by something large and with great force.

It was Kazig, on my orders, but he didn't need to know that.

{Jobs Gained: [Axeman] [Berserker] [Alchemist]}

{Blessing Gained: [Demigod of Axes]}

{Skills Gained: [Axe Proficiency] [Axe Throw] [Heavy Swing] [Berserker Rage] [Danger Sense] [Cold Resistance] [Lesser Curse Resistance] [Bomb-Making] [Alchemy] [Endurance]

"Shit..."

The Swordsman's gaze held on the remains of their guide.

"Kreia, check his belongings. See if there's anything useful."

"Wha-"

"Please."

Although she seemed displeased by her leader's order, she hesitantly complied, digging through his blood-covered remains with one hand covering her nose and mouth.

The Swordsman's gaze shifted again, this time taking in the sight of the fake me and 'my' forces. Since they were unconscious for so long, I was able to summon a reasonable amount of new skeletons. 4 Archers, 6 Swordsmen, 2 Shaman, 1 Mage and 3 Spearmen.

"Tch. Isn't that nice."

He was most likely referring to my ability to replenish my forces quickly and without too much hassle. I doubted he understood just how much of a pain it would be to lose someone like Kazig or Mara though. Individuals with unique qualities that make replacing very difficult.

"Kreia! Find everything?"

"Y-yeah but-"

"Good. Then let's..."

He grasped below his neck, searching for his dog tag but finding nothing.

"Where the hell is it!? Kreia! Derrick! Your-"

He stopped before finishing his panicked sentence when he saw the solemn shakes of his party's heads.

"Porter! What about you!"

Lia was startled by the sudden callout but quickly responded negatively, confirming that not a single one of them had a way to leave the dungeon. At least, not without defeating the final boss. Naturally, this was also my doing. In their conditions, I doubted they'd continue to the next floor without a little... push. So I gave them one by tossing the tags down into the pit with the now-charred sea of bones and ash. With that, even they realised pretty quick; they had no other choice than to continue.

After about an hour of preparations, both physically and mentally, checking their wounds and equipment, making sure their weapons wouldn't break after two swings; we set off. Getting across to the other side of the massive hole was the first hurdle. There was, of course, a way. A ledge, wide enough to hold a grown man's heel. Crossing would prove difficult. Impossible for Kazig.