Chapter 17

ARIEL

It was official. Mariano was now my boyfriend. Even though I kinda thought he already was, but the confirmation helped.

It was morning now and I rose from my slumber, greeted by warm rays peeking through the windows.

It was Sunday, so I guess there'd be no work today. Sundays were family days here, they had dinner together and spent all day with each other. Except for a few times when the men in the house had to leave.

This was something new to me, the closeness of everyone here and I liked it very much. For the first time in a long time, I felt happy. I felt at home.

Everyone here treated me as though I was their own, I loved it here.

Leaning towards the night table, I turned on my phone. It was almost twelve in the afternoon. No surprise really, Mariano and I were up all until three. I stretched, rubbing my eyes while turning. My hand landed on his side of the bed, it was empty.

Sucking my teeth, I got up and made the bed before going to my room to do my morning business. I did my hygiene and tidied my room then made my way downstairs to the kitchen.

My stomach grumbled as I descended the stairs. I felt kinda upset that Mariano left me in bed alone, but he was a busy man. I shouldn't keep him from whatever important stuff he had to complete, that'd just be selfish.

As I neared the living room, loud and boisterous laughs filled the air. Multiple grown men laughing, boy was it a sound to hear. The base in the room was literally unmatched.

I contemplated making my presence known but before I could even turn the other way, Massimo gave me away.

"Ariel! Come on in, dear. You're late for the party." He laughed, his voice slurred. I could tell he'd been drinking and by the looks of the table before them, I'd say they'd all been doing the same.

The second my name was called, all heads spun in my direction. And just like that, Mariano came to get me.

In the living room seated, Luciano and the triplets. Enzo, Dimitri and Alexei. But there was another face there that I didn't quite recognize. I'd seen someone similar but different. His gaze remained strained to me as Mariano led me in and placed me to sit on his lap.

Luciano chuckled before pouring himself a glass of bourbon and lighting up a cigarette.

"Good morning. How did you sleep, love?" Mariano whispered, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Great." He smiled, nuzzling his face into my neck. Earning a slight giggle from me.

"Who's this?" The stranger asked, turning to Luciano. His accent sounded familiar as his eyes met mine. They were a cold blue.

"This is Ariel, she worked here. I believe she's Mariano's lady now." Luciano smiled, puffing his cigar.

"Pleased to meet you, flower." The stranger smiled in my direction. "I'm Vladimir."

Yes, I knew now. He resembled Dimitri, or rather Dimitri resembled him. Yes, yes. There was no doubt about it.

"Hello, Vladimir." I returned the smile and he chuckled.

Now, I don't want to seem like a thirsty cunt but hear me out.

Have mercy on my soul, the man was too damn fine. Fine as a mother fucker. There was also something about how he sat side by side with Luciano, both their sofas aligned with each other.

If I was into that type of stuff and they weren't married men, judging by the wedding ring on Vladimir's finger. Discreetly, I'd let them take me to pound town at the same time. God, forgive me.

I was just joking though, or was I.

"She reminds you of someone, brother?" Alexei, laughed. Smirking in my direction.

Brother, I looked from him to Vladimir.

I'm so fucking stupid, how could I possibly miss the major resemblance between them too. I guess wasn't paying really much attention to that in my head. Not when I could feel Mariano's dick growing under my butt.

"Without a doubt." Vladimir laughed along with all the older adults. The younger ones along with myself just stared as the four men cracked some jokes.

"Those were the days, huh." Luciano chuckled and Vladimir and the others slowly nodded.

"A lot has changed." Vladimir sighed and for a minute I could feel the immense nostalgia that choked the air. Something definitely happened, but what?

"It's ready." I heard Kelsey should before she made her entrance with some chips and dip. She went straight to Luciano's lap, he welcomed her with open arms. Vladimir casted a small look towards them but it went as soon as it came.

Yes, something surely went down.

Soon after, two other women entered. The older one went and sat between Alexei and Enzo. They simultaneously kissed her cheeks. Ohhhhh, oh wow.

The other handed a plate of chips to Dimitri who thanked before she found her place beside Mariano's brothers.

"Oh, you must be Ariel. I'm Valeria, I've heard good things about you." The older woman chirped, smiling in my direction. She didn't look old, maybe a few years older than Kelsey but she was definitely in the best shape.

"Yes. Pleased to meet you." I smiled and she nodded.

"Ariel huh?" I heard someone say, my head turned in the direction of the younger one. She stared at me with playfully pouted lips.

"Yes, and you are?" I asked.

"I'm Anastasia." She answered and I nodded. Dimitri chuckled before getting up from his seat. I just realized that he'd barely said anything, if nothing at all since I'd been there.

"I'll be back." He signaled to Vladimir who nodded in his direction.

Definitely not the Dimitri I encountered earlier.

END OF CHAPTER

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT

PLEASE

VOTE
FOLLOW
COMMENT