Chapter-16

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

Sirius's summer vacation was the best he had ever had. He was going to muggle London to learn to bike from Mr. Evans whenever he was free. To talk to the Evans's household, Charles had arranged for a telephone at the Potter residence. Mr. Evans would call him whenever he was free for Sirius to visit. He also considered setting up a fireplace but then Petunia threw a fit and the plan was dropped. James usually accompanied him but his attention was more on not letting Sirius fall instead of the redhead. It was both good and bad because Sirius thought Lily Evans could finally be coming around. It would be a waste of opportunity if Jay loses hope now. But he had also promised not to encourage James about Lily's changing dynamics hence, he waited for James to come to him about the topic.

Meanwhile, Jay's overprotectiveness was touching a whole new level. Like the other day, he tried to put up a cushioning charm on the road so that even if Sirius falls on the ground, Sirius couldn't get hurt until Sirius explained bikes are supposed to be ridden on roads and not on cushions. Also, the trace would get them a warning letter from the ministry and Lily would be in trouble because it was her house. When Jay said he could call his dad for putting the cushioning charm, Sirius huffed and glared and said that a simple epipsky could repair any damage after going home but Jay became upset about it. Mr. Evans thought it was all funny and asked James to go and have some cupcakes that Mrs. Evans was preparing. Jay was very reluctant to leave him alone.

Another thing that was bothering Sirius was the nightmares. He always had nightmares whenever he was at home but never at the Potters. It caused him to slip beside James at night until James pointed out one night to just give up and sleep in his room. "Why do you bother with your room? You would be saving energy and time if you are just staying here."

"You wouldn't mind?"

James sighed. "Siri, I would never mind. No one is above you. Okay? Come here", he said and pulled the boy into a hug. "Hey, if you are not feeling safe here, why don't we go to our family cabin in France? We could manage on our own for a few days, yeah?"

"I wanted to learn that bike."

"Is it really important to learn the bike?"

Sirius broke the hug and bit his lip. "I don't know, Jay. It was the first time I am so fascinated with something. And when I start the bike, when I have that control in my hands, I feel free. As if nothing is tied to me. It's like flying but much more than that. I couldn't really explain."

James ruffled his hair. "You don't need to, okay? If it's that special to you, it's fine. Learn whatever you want and I would be right there behind you to protect you from them. Sirius, you have chosen this house and now you are part of my family. I wouldn't let them take you away from me."

Sirius nodded and left the topic alone. They were just a bunch of 15-16 years and they couldn't ever match up to the dark magic of the Blacks. But he didn't say that to Jay because if he did, Jay would come up with something like he would try and die trying. He didn't want anything happening to James or else Sirius would lose his mind.

XXX

At the end of the vacation, Mr. Evans called him and asked him to see him. As usual, James followed. When they went there, Lily was grinning at him and Petunia rolled her eyes before going into the room. Mr. Evans greeted James and hugged Sirius. "Sirius, I am so proud to teach you. You are a great student. Hence, I have a gift for you."

"Mr. Evans, there is no need for this."

"Rubbish. I am so happy to teach you. It's a token of happiness", said Mr. Evans, before giving him the key.