| 3 |

Day becomes night, and soon enough it has become a Friday and the clock on the piano says 7:43 PM I sign and shakes my head, since yesterday the guy's invitation has been on my mind, kind of annoying if you ask me. "M/N! The neighbour has invited us to the party in town, want to stay home?" My mother yells throughout the house, she walks into the living room where I stand by the piano. Her red dress sways back as she walks, her hands trying to fix her already perfect hair "Ah there you are, your aunty, father and I are going. Do you wish to stay home?" I hum for a second as I think about the answer, as I am debating whether I should go or not, my father walks into the living room "You should come, son, just for a few hours. The whole town will be there, it is going to be fun, if you get too bored you can take the bike home, we can buckle the bike to the car if needed" I nod and the smile on my father's face grows "Great, honey can you get the bike onto the car? I will help M/N pick out a nice shirt" She nods and leaves the living room, I follow my father upstairs to where my room is. 

"Let us focus on your fair first son, then your clothing" My father places me down on a stool and starts messing with my hair "Father?..." My father hums in response as he steps back to get a nice view of my hair "Can I... Can I wear my earrings?..." The volume of my voice suddenly lowers when the question comes out of my mouth. My father stands still for a second and signs "Son... I... I know that you really like your earrings, but you know that the catholic church does not like our women or men coming close to what they call sinners. I want you to be safe but also happy... Son, I do not know if it is a good idea yet..." I lower my head and I start to play with my hands, getting really nervous. I know that my country is against gays, I do not even know if I am gay, I just really like my earrings and I can appreciate a good looking man... "Will it make you happy to wear one earring?" My head flies up to meet my father's eyes, he softly smiles "I take that as a yes, but put it on the left side. You know that it is a stereotype that gay people wear earrings in the right ear" I jump up from the chair and into my father's arms, he laughs and hugs me back "Thank you father" He softly pats my hair and hugs me tighter. "I love you, son, into women or not. I just want you to be safe" 

We walk downstairs and see my mother outside with my aunty inside the car ready to leave. I sit in the front seat and wait for my father to start the car "Is that an earring?" My mother asks me, I freeze for a second but my aunty gives my mother a response instead "Oh dear, let my nephew be. Who cares if your lovely son is wearing an earring??" My mother scoffs at my aunty's answer "The church" My father steps inside the car and says: "But do you care my love? Does it bother you, as much as it bothers the church?" He starts the car and looks into the rearview mirror to get in eye contact with my mother. My mother says nothing and looks out of the window, my aunty laughs at my mother's reaction "Sister, it does not matter what the church thinks, we are not supposed to think the same as the church just be god's children" My mother still says nothing. I sign and slowly pulls the earring out, my mother turns her head to what I am doing "What are you doing?" I stop my actions and turn my head a bit "Taking it out, I do not wish to upset my mother" The guilt on her face shows after I said those words. She softly smacks my hands away from my left ear and pulls the lock back to where it was before. "Keep it on son..." I smile and take her hand in mine to give it a kiss "I love you mother" She smiles as she frees her hand to put her hand on my cheek instead "Mother loves you too son" The silence fills the car for a second before my aunty jumps in and yells: "WE ALL LOVE EACH OTHER!"  We laugh at my aunty, and soon we arrive in the town. 

We step out of the small car and quickly I hear music coming from the main part of the town, my aunty swings her arm around my waist and says: "Let us all get some wine for a start, maybe you will see some of your friends from school" I nod, even though I know that most of my friends are not really my friends. They only wish to hang out when they need somewhere to sleep, a house to borrow for a party and homework. But I do not really cling to them in that way. I know that they mostly are using me for stuff, but we as humans are pack animals, we do not survive alone in this world. So I stay with them but at a distance.

"Ooohh dear M/N, good to see you again!" I hear a familiar voice coming from the bar as we step inside a famous bar for some wine. It is my art teacher Ms. Esposito, she is a wonderful artist and has been my art teacher since I was very young and finally got art as a subject in school. Sadly I stopped having her as a teacher due to me growing older and needing an education. 
"Ms. Esposito! It has been so long how are you?" We kiss each other's cheeks two times, one on each side. "Oohh dear I am amazing, but I miss having you in my art class" A sad face is set on Ms. Esposito's face "I miss you too, I miss waking up on Wednesday and Monday, going to school and seeing my favourite teacher of all time" She blushes at my comment. We stand there talking for some time until she has to leave. I pour a glass of red wine and sit next to my mother for some time. 

An hour or two goes by when people are stopping by to talk to us, most of them are talking to my aunty or parents. I look around and end up looking outside of the window "You want to go outside?" I hear my father ask, his arm is around my mother's shoulders who seems to be a bit tipsy already. I nod and go outside of the bar. The smell of smoke fills my nose, I do not get much time to stand by myself before an arm is around my shoulders, I jump in a quick sense of fear "Relax it is just me kid" I recognize the voice, it is the man from yesterday. "You actually came, I got a bit worried there" I look down at my wine and shugs my shoulders "Thought it would be nice to drink some wine with my family" He laughs at my comment and pulls me over to a small group of people.