𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
A NASTY SURPRISE

CHAPTER FIFTEENA NASTY SURPRISE

✧ ⋆ ☽ ✯ ☾ ⋆ ✧

Aadhya wouldn't admit it aloud, but she's most definitely avoiding Rocky. And it's not easy, considering every second of every day revolves around him. The servants and guards talk about him, and the children demand stories of him when they come over every day. Still fight over and argue about all that their hero represents, making her feel targeted and even more miserable.

I'll think about it. Aadhya's answer resounds in her ears whenever she sees him or thinks about him. But really, what else was she supposed to say? It was as if someone had handed her the moon, and what does one do with a moon? A storm gathered in her chest, and something in her body felt like it would burst open from all the feeling if she stayed in that room for one more second.

Because suddenly, it became clear to her that she would never find a man like him and love like his' even if she lived a hundred lifetimes. That all this time, she had loved him too, and it had happened as most quiet, perfect, utterly natural things do: without her even noticing. As Aadhya turned the strange thought in her head, she realised that feeling was the best thing she had ever felt in all her life. And if she denied him now, she'd be cursing herself into reliving this moment for the rest of her years.

But, she was barely twenty-four. And she had so much to ask from her life and herself. And marriage is a concept that intimidated her a great deal. Because it spoke of a promise to love and care for someone; always. Till death do us part. But what if all the love fades in time. What if they both wake up one morning and regret their decision more than anything. What if he feels suffocated in future because of her. Or what if she gets overwhelmed by bitterness for the lack of chance at freedom.

Senseless panic seized her with all the ifs, buts and what-ifs. With all her fears and worries and longings and questions jangled around in her head, Aadhya bit out the only thing she could think of, "I'll think about it."

And ever since then, she's been scampering down the other side of the corridor whenever she notices the ruggedly handsome guy. It was the most humiliating and childish thing Aadhya had ever done because she realised she wasn't being as subtle as she was supposed to be, and Rocky had noticed it. It was only because he was a decent guy that he decided to give her all the space she needed, even without explicitly asking.

But soon, even he seemed to have had enough of the cat and mouse game. Because one afternoon, while she was teaching the children the English Alphabets, Rocky barged into the room, flashed a brilliant smile at the children and said, "Hey, Kids! Your brother needs to discuss something with your sister-in-law. So, I am declaring a holiday for you guys. Go and have fun."