•TWENTY-TWO•

"boyfriend, huh

 "boyfriend, huh. do you know that your boyfriend's father was the one who planned your parents' murder?"

I almost dropped my dagger at his words. well, San told me that his father killed his sister right in front of him without a second thought so I guess ordering assassins to kill his father's best friend should be a piece of cake. I grit my teeth and held onto my dagger tightly that now rested beside my waist because I had lowered my arm.

"so...San's father planned my parents' murder, huh." I said dully.

"I'm sorry you had to know it this way, Yuri. but there's more to the story," he said, taking a step closer to me, "apparently Hyunseok was jealous that Yujin's business was more successful than his, so he wanted to take him down. however no one except the assassins knew that Hyunseok planned it until the case was brought up by Hyunseok's assistant, Jung Sunwoo, who was also a suspect of the case. but with a lot of evidence, it was found out that Choi Hyunseok was indeed the instigator of the murder. however, it wasn't possible to sentence him to jail because he was murdered by his own son, Choi San."

I merely stared at the floor, processing everything Woosung told me. I couldn't believe San didn't tell me something as important as this. why would he hide it? he would have known at least something. was there even more to the story that Woosung didn't know?

"Silver watch out!" Yeosang shouted, snapping me out of my trance.

Woosung was about to land a punch on my stomach but I managed to kick him where the sun doesn't shine, thanks to Yeosang's shout, resulting him to drop to the floor, clutching his groin.

I scoffed and aimed my dagger at his neck. I almost forgot about the mission for a moment there. I threw the dagger and it hit him directly on the side of the neck, resulting him to drop dead to the floor. I dusted off my hands before sauntering towards him, squatting down to retrieve my dagger. I harshly took it out and wiped it a bit before putting it back in its hilt.

I tapped my earpiece, "mission accomplished. what's Chestnut's condition?" I asked dully.

"he's finishing off the last one, you two better get out of there asap. we're clearing the footage right now." Yeosang answered.

I slowly nodded before descending down the stairs, my hand gliding along the railing while I stepped down lazily. I saw a glimpse of San in the kitchen shooting a bodyguard in the head. I opened the door of the huge mansion and stepped outside.

"Silver, wait for me!!" San shouted, hastily running out of the building and trailing behind me right after he killed off the bodyguard.