19

(UNEDITED)
Beomgyu watched as the little kids ran around excited about the new toys they just received. Joong Ki was talking to the head leader of the foundation while Soobin was kneeling on the floor holding a toy airplane up his head and swinging it around like a lunatic.

Beomgyu stood behind Taehyun awkwardly, he still felt quite embarrassed about the encounter in the car but it almost seemed like Taehyun wasn't even bothered by it. Which caused Beomgyu to feel better about the situation? But it was still a rough area to talk about it even think about.

A small kid ran up to Beomgyu and suddenly wrapped his arms around the older boy. The boy froze because he didn't know what to do in this kind of situation. He didn't consider himself a big fan of children, they were cute when they were small babies but only for their looks. Once they started crying and pooping everywhere is when they were off the cute list on Beomgyu's agenda.

He never had younger siblings to take care of so he wasn't familiar with being with someone so young.

The girl continued to hold onto Beomgyu's leg not planning on letting him go anytime soon. The older boy tried shaking him off but the kid was stuck to him like a tick. Beomgyu could hear a small chuckle from Taehyun as the younger boy turns around to analyze the situation behind his back.

"She seems comfortable there" Taehyun simply comments staring at the girl that was glued to Beomgyu while smiling.

Beomgyu groans as he gives up and looks up at Taehyun. "Do me a favor and...take her off" Beomgyu says with pleading eyes. Taehyun raises his eyebrows and then looks back down at the kid. "Um...I don't- really like kids either" Taehyun says looking at the child almost like he was an infection, his hands hesitating to get closer to the young girl.

"Just help me, take her off or scare her. Just do something" Beomgyu whines feeling hopeless. Taehyun taps the kid's shoulder lightly which causes the young girl to turn to look at Taehyun. The older boy shows a weak smile while waving his hand, "hello...I just want you to do me a favor. Can you let go of my friend?" Taehyun asks his face visibly sweating.

The kid stares at him blankly as if he was a guy with three heads and six horns growing out of his head. "no!" the girl blurts out and holds onto Beomgyu even tighter. Taehyun takes the chance and kneels closer to the child, "but that's a bit rude don't you think? Hyung might feel uncomfortable" Taehyun says quietly.

Beomgyu could feel his heart thudding when he heard those last words leave Taehyun's mouth. He felt a heat rise upon his cheeks as his body started to heat up. The girl pouts as she looks at Taehyun.

"but he is beautiful! Mom said to never let go of beautiful people!" the young girl says. A small smile appeared on Beomgyu's face, no one that young has called him that. In fact, no one did. He felt a wave of joy run through his body that someone so young appreciated. Taehyun looks up at Beomgyu and locks eyes with him while tilting his head. After a few seconds, he looks back down at the girl in front of him.

"I know he is beautiful," Taehyun says softly. It was almost like the air was cut off in Beomgyu's lungs hearing those words. The air around him froze in spot as be locked eyes with Taehyun once again.

The younger boy had a flicker in his eyes before facing the girl. "but you need to let go, you will suffocate the air out of him and he will turn purple" Taehyun adds on. Almost immediately the girl let him go and looks up at Beomgyu, "please don't turn purple" the child says before running away towards her group of friends.

Beomgyu rubbed his arm awkwardly, "Thank you" he says softly. Taehyun throws him a short smile avoiding eye contact and the boy starts walking towards Soobin while Beomgyu followed him.