21

(UNEDITED)
It was almost like Taehyun was purposely avoiding any contact with Beomgyu the next day. Yeonjun stuck with him like a tick all day, he wouldn't even leave the boy for a second unless he had to go to his classes. During P.E, Beomgyu didn't approach Taehyun since he was with his friends but he would always look in his direction in hopes that the boy would look back at him. It was almost like a desperate puppy trying to grab the attention of its owner, in the end of the day Beomgyu felt pathetic.

He thought that maybe Taehyun felt embarrassed for lashing out his emotions so he just continued his day like normal in hopes that he would be able to talk to the younger boy for just a few minutes at some point.

The day went almost like normal, there weren't many interesting events. It was lunchtime and usually, Beomgyu would be allowed to eat in Mr.Kim's classroom to avert the comments of the mean kids that would constantly pick on him. Yeonjun would usually go hang out with his friends during the time but he stayed with Beomgyu and watched as the younger boy bites on his boneless chicken and rice.

Beomgyu digs into his backpack trying to find his water bottle but it was unfortunately missing, he probably left it on the kitchen counter that day. The boy groans as he zips his backpack up, Yeonjun could notice the slight annoyance of the younger boy.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just forgot my water" Beomgyu replies continuing to stuff his mouth with the delicious chicken.

"I will go get you something to drink from the vending machine then," Yeonjun says standing up. Beomgyu protests but only mumbles can be heard because his mouth was filled, Yeonjun ignores the sounds and walks to the classroom door. "I will be right back! I will pass by the bathroom as well" He says before disappearing into the empty hallway.

Yeonjun quickly walks towards the bathroom barging into an empty stall and doing his business rapidly to not leave Beomgyu alone for too long. The senior exits the stall just as a pair of friends walked into the bathroom taking out a cigarette box from their pockets. Yeonjun ignores their actions and walks to the sink putting shampoo in his hands and rubbing them together creating foam. The smoke and smell of the cigarettes fill the small room but it didn't bother Yeonjun at all. Most people in the soccer team would smoke and cause the locker room to stink up.

"Did you hear about Taehyun?" The guy asks pulling the cigar from his mouth and creating a large puff of smoke. This question attracted Yeonjun's attention but he tried not to be obvious and continued to let the water fall on his hands. He wasn't in the best state with Taehyun but he still felt concerned about the younger boy.

"What about him?" his friend asks raising his eyebrow.

"That he might be gay"

Yeonjun felt a shiver run down his spine when he heard those words. He would usually forget how the world was still harsh on people they would consider "different". Especially this place, everyone was so short-minded that it became a hassle for people that were gay, lesbian, bi, pansexual, transgender etc. There are a few students but they stay hidden within the crowds and unfortunately Yeonjun was one of them.

He was bi but no one knew that except for Soobin. He was the only friend that he could trust with that information. Yeonjun wasn't picky with people he felt attracted with, he honestly loves everyone but he can't really express that to everyone. But when he heard about Beomgyu from some people, he felt relieved that there was someone at least like him. So he wanted to get closer to him. Those feelings of wanting to get closer soon became an attraction, and he wasn't going to deny it. Yeonjun did like Beomgyu.

"are you for real? How disgusting" the guy says laughing. Yeonjun felt sadness and anger wash down his body, he turned off the sink and grabbed some paper towels from the dispenser ready to leave.

"Supposedly some say that he used to have a boyfriend back in his old school"

"God, how can people live like that?"

"And some are staying he has gotten close to that Beomgyu loser and he has a crush on him"

Yeonjun stops in his tracks.

Likes Beomgyu? No...that can't be possible.

"Look there is even a photo of the two hugging," The toxic boy says pulling out his friend, "it's all over the school feed" he adds on. Yeonjun pulls out his phone hurriedly almost dropping it down on the floor which causes the boys to look at him weirdly. He only shines them a smile and walks out of the room while scrolling through the school feed where the students like to gossip.

And there for a fact was the picture of Taehyun and Beomgyu hugging. It was almost like his heart completely shattered, what if Taehyun really did like Beomgyu? And in the worse scenario, Beomgyu liked him back. Yeonjun only shakes his head in denial while placing his phone back in his pocket and walking to the vending machine to get a cold pink lemonade for Beomgyu. But no matter how many times he tried to brush the thoughts away they came flooding back at him twice as hard.

All his life Yeonjun had thought that Taehyun was straight considering the people he hangs around with. Kai was the worse of them all, the jerk would go around looking at everyone's flaws and judging them for that single thing. But there was practically nothing you can say back to him because he was built so perfect. He was the definition of perfection to everyone in this school. He was handsome, rich, talented, athletic, and was good at everything he does.

Yeonjun grabs the drink and walks back to the classroom where Beomgyu was at. He was spacing out that in no time he was already there, his mood became low. But when he entered the room he gave Beomgyu a bright smile to not ruin the mood.

"I didn't know what to get you so I just brought you my favorite one" Yeonjun says sitting down and handing the lemonade to Beomgyu who exchanged it with his own personal smile.

"Thank you, you didn't have to" Beomgyu responds.
__________
Sorry for any grammar errors!

ALSO HAPPY PRIDE MONTH TO ALL MY QUEER LOVES!!! 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

I LOVE YALL!!!