Skate Buddies

The start of this part of the story is a little different today. Instead of following April or the group of four turtles, we start in the hidden home of the purple dragons where a young 15-year-old Japanese girl by the name of Eshima lives.

Eshima sat on the floor of her dark-lit room as the clock reached 8 pm when she beat her game on the stollen console. She sighed looking out her broke window and seeing the light of day fade away, now would be the best time for her to go out. She then got up grabbing her backpack and skateboard before sliding on her shoes and made her way down the stairs and was about to reach for the door when she was stopped by Toshi

"And where do you think you're going, Eshima?" he asked

"Out, gonna go find a skate spot" she reached for the door but he grabbed her hand. "Toshi let go," she said.

"No you can't go out" Toshi spoke in a cold voice.

"Says who?" she asked, pulling away.

"Me," a voice said behind Eshima as she looked up to see her older brother, Hun.

"Hun, why can't I go out? You've never had a problem with that before as long as it was after dark" she explained before he sighed.

"Sis, we've made some new enemies recently, as you recall us coming home beat up a few days ago."

"I remember," she said, crossing her arms.

"They're terrible and I want to keep you safe" he explained, making her slightly annoyed.

"I'll be careful. You forget I'm 15 I'm not five anymore Hun, I can take care of myself, plus they probably don't even know I exist" she said as he shook his head no

"It's a risk I'm not willing to take" he nodded his head at his followers then Eshima was escorted to her room.

"This is not fair! You don't care about me and how I feel! I'm not a princess you need to protect Hun!" she yelled before being pushed back into her room as Toshi locked the door.

"You'll understand when you're older" Hun explained threw the door, as Eshima groaned in frustration before coming up with a plan.

She turned her tv back on and made it play some cartoon show as she took some clothes and pillows making a fake her to look like she fell asleep watching cartoons. She then put her skateboard in her backpack before making her way out of the broken window and made her way out, being mindful of the glass.

Eshima then slowly and carefully made her way down the side of the building holding onto thick vines and still in place bricks before she finally reached the ground. Once down she quietly fled her home and once she was past the fence she took off running to the closest skatepark she could find.

When Eshima finally found the place she set down her backpack, took out her mp3 player, and plugged her earbuds into it before placing them in her ears. Once the music started playing she hopped on her bored and started going. She was so happy to be out doing one of the things she loved the most, but after a few songs, she made a misstep causing her to fall off her bored and land on a flat part of the skatepark.

"Ah ow.." she hissed a little in pain as she sat up pulling out her earbuds then looked at her left ankle which was the source of her pain. Eshima rubbed her ankle wanting the pain to go away but heard the sound of a trash can falling over in a nearby ally as she turned her head towards the source of the sound, before asking.

"Is someone there?" Eshima then stood up even though her ankle hurt. "I know you can hear me," she said then suddenly something bumped into a dumpster causing Eshima to jump slightly but she limply speed walked over and looked into the dead-end alley as she leaned onto the wall of the building. "Hello?" She saw something in the shadows. "I can see you in the shadows," she said