The Horrors Of The Empire

It had been almost a year since the destruction of the first death star at the hands of the rebel alliance. Since then the rebels had moved their base of operations to a different planet that was still secluded from the empire.

Out in the death of space Thrawns star destroyer slowly drifted in the abiss as the chiss stared out into the stars. This helped the blue admiral think as he pondered on options to help the empire find the rebels.

The sound of his door buzzer soon ringed into his ear catching his attention. "Enter" Thrawn said hearing the sound of the doors sliding open allowing the one he had summoned to enter into the room.

Maō one of the emperor's best assassin's had walked into the room. He had been assigned to Thrawns fleet since the time when Phoenix squadron was stationed on Atollon.

Bowing to the admiral Mao asked "You had summoned me Admiral Thrawn". "Indeed Maō. Sit, I was wondering if you would be interested in a game of chess" Thrawn asked as he turned around to face the assassin.

Walking up to the desk Mao sat in a chair across from Thrawn keeping his eyes on the Chiss. "We haven't played a round of chest since the first time we meet" Maō commented remembering how the admiral had beaten him.

Bringing up the hologram of chest Thrawn said "And in that time we have both accomplished so much, but now with the rebel fleet in hiding again as well as the Death Star being destroyed I wanted to clear my mind".

"I see." Maō said softly as he looked at the hologram. "You first" Mao said waving his hand at Thrawn who gave the white haired assassin a soft smile.

Beginning the game Thrawn and Maō began talking about the situation of the empire and the unsurity their own troops were having in the emperor's power.

Moving his bishop across the board to set up his attack Mao asked "So what do you think our next move shall be? We are basically back to square one".

"On the contrast. The years of fighting with Commander Syndulla have offered the both of us insight as to how these rebels will act from here. For example to keep a low profile they'll take fewer risks and have smaller groups when attempting missions" Thrawn explained moving his castle to take one of Maō's horses allowing him an opening to move one of his pawns to move forward.

Moving to counterstrike on Thrawns Pawn showing his improvement from the last time they had played Mao said "That still doesn't get us anywhere closer to finding this new base. The only way we could even attempt to find them is to capture one of their rebel friends who would be willing to talk".

"Or we draw out one of their rebel friends with a set up" Thrawn said catching the eyes of Mao. Stopping the game Maō asked Thrawn "And what is it you propose exactly?". With a mischievous smirk on his face Thrawn put his hands together as he explained his plan.

Hoth

On the snowy planet hoth the rebels had made themselves a new base in the following year. Everything was cold and basic for the base when compared to Yavin 4, but it allowed them to remain hidden from the empire.

Inside the base one of the rebels Jedi Ezra Bridger walker through the hallways of the base wearing a fur coat that helped keep him warm since the base didn't have many thermal generators. Entering the bases hangar he saw his home ship the 'Ghost' and with it Hera the ships pilot on top of it cleaning off some sparking that had been forming up from the missions.

Walking up to the ship Ezra yelled "Hey Hera. How's it going?". Taking off her goggles to look at the youngest crew member Hera smiled and waved back at him saying "You know Ezra same old cleaning the ghost.".