Chapter 25: shouldn't I just die?

Written by faridah

Shouldn't I just die?

If I say the latest happenings weren't drifting life out of me I would be a terrible liar, I am bent under my reading table crying my eyes out.

I miss him, I miss him so much that I can't find any sleep. At some point Xavier was there for me, he was the only one by my side. He walked dude by side with me when Royce died, from the police station to the court.

Was it love, comfort, belonging? He was more than that to me and I feel so horrible he had to die in my hands. Why him? I thought the game kills people that I love, or is it because of the soft spot I was garnering for him that he died next.

Fuck! What am I saying.

I can't deny the fact that I like Xavier but it's just that out of all my friends he's the one I like less. I snuggle my pillow to my chest and take a deep sigh, hugging my knees.

I remained in that position that I didn't know when I slept off.

*

"Clary food is ready!" I heard Dad's voice from the bathroom. Last night I slept in a very uncomfortable position and all my bones hurts. Stretchings don't work shii I just realised that.

I have been stretching and spraining my neck yet no changes, I still feel the pains, my neck is slightly broken and each time I turn my head to the other side it hurts badly.

I managed to bath and that was because I did it so stylishly that you would think I am at war with the sponge.

My eyes daggled at the big wall clock and I freaked. I'm fucking late again and that's all thanks to the game. I have been thinking about it lately, if really there is an eliminating method how do I go about it, should I just give out the name and make them track the gamer?

Phewww...

It's true. It's not as easy as we see it, we might draft out a plan but how do we go about tracing a traceless game, a mysterious game that takes you to another world.

I'm dead sure those people has dark magic cause how do they know so much about me or am I possessed?

It might be that I'm possessed! The deaths always happens around me, it's always me that tap, pull or throw. It's always me that is around, just me and my killing conscience and each time I try solving it, every damn time I think I can actually stop it they die.

They fucking die!!
I'm I cursed?

"Clarissa are you in there? You should come eat now your food is getting cold." My Dad said, now hitting at my door.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag, 8:00am Clarissa, you zint lazy! I push the door open and my Dad standing at my door with his eyes down.

I hope nothing went wrong.

As I walked he followed, I sat on the table ready to devour the food when he cleared his throat. "I'm not happy about the recent happenings, it's so disheartening but still we have to talk about it." He bellowed. His voice nuturing all the calmness in the world.

For sure, I have long waited for this, great. I push the plate away and look at him, he was wearing a deep face,has he been thinking?

"I'm late Dad." I said with a sigh and he nodded.

"I know and that's why we are having this brief discussion. I know you joined the game out of curiosity but we need to put an end to these. You will soon be stigmatized and I know you won't like that."

His words are true, they are all true but the problem is how do we stop the game. The gamer left no trace, non. If I had his username I would have dropped it bit they won't believe me when I say I don't have it.