The Outside

Third POV
Legolas stopped. He rested against a tree, panting. To say he was tired was an understatement. He had been running for at least 8 hours. Looking around, he realised he truly had no idea where he was. He had just been looking to get away, not really focusing on his whereabouts. Whenever he went out of the castle he always had someone with him so he never bothered to learn anything about his surroundings and all. He heard something... It was coming this way. Although it couldn't be an elf (at least not a skilled one) because of the noise it was making, he decided not to leave things to chance. Glancing at the tree he was leaning on, he felt the tree's presence come to life. He was about to climb on to a branch when the footsteps (or whatever they are) stopped. He looked behind him....

Legolas
I heard footsteps. Although the chances of it being an elf where very unlikely I decided to speed things up. I glanced up at the tree and felt it come to life. It truly is an extraordinary feeling. Just as I was about to climb the tree's branch I realised I could no longer hear the footsteps (or whatever they are). Slowly, I pivoted my head to look behind me.... The sight was truly daughting. I stared at him... he stared back, smirking.
Instinctively, I jumped onto the branch and it carried me away as fast as possible.
I listened closely and became worried when I couldn't hear the footsteps following.
I slowly averted my gaze to my right.

...............

A man.

To say I was shocked would have been an understatement.......
Why would a man be here.... In an elvish wood.
'What is the meaning of this' I demand
'I could ask you the same thing'
'Who are you...... Do you have any idea who I am?!!!' I ranted on
'Are you running?'
'Depends... What are you doing?'
The stranger began to sit down.
I watched him wearily. It was something I was always taught to do. Soon I began mirroring his movements. 
It was clear early on that this was no ordinary man. 
'Who are you?' I asked again.
'I go by the name strider in the north... and you...'
'Legolas... prince of the woodland realm'
'Well, Legolas prince of the woodland realm, what are you doing here?'
'This is part of Mirkwood... which is part of the woodland realm... I have a right to be here!'
'Yes indeed, but I highly doubt your parents would allow their little princeling to run around unguarded.'
'Perhaps not... but what are you doing here?'
'I was on my way to Rivendell when I got side tracked and ended up here' 
'Rivendell? Oh that's my uncle's court!'
'So what are you really doing here??'
By this point we were both sitting down on the forest floor having a full on conversation.
'I wanted to go out for a while... its really not fair. I'm always stuck on the castle grounds doing whatever's been planned for me but I  wanna do my own thing... Father and Mother are going to be furious when I return.'
Strider and I take a stroll through the woods stopping at some random trees every now and then. We talk of the most peculiar things and in all honesty its rather nice. I never truly realised what I was missing out on until today. Strider is my first true friend. And he's also the first friend my parents don't know about and have not approved of. I rather like this... having some freedom... its quite refreshing.
Soon enough, Strider had to excuse himself. I pointed him in the direction of Rivendell.
'Do be careful. I hope to see you soon'
'As do I' 
And with that we bade our goodbyes to each other as we each went our separate ways. He went north towards Rivendell whereas I went West, farther into the forest, excited at the prospect of what else I might find in the outside world. 
So far, today has been a wonderful day, maybe even the best day of my life, dare I say.