ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

[𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟺]

📍NEW YORK ✧─── ・ 。゚★: *

📍NEW YORK
✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

FROM WHERE WE LEFT OFF. . .

As far as she remembered, (Y/N) Schmidt was used to the feeling of being alone in the busy streets of the city she grew up in, learning how to block all the outer noises from afar. Her mind told her it had always been that way, but she couldn't help but think in the back of her head that it wasn't that true at all.

And she was right, of course.

(Y/N) was doing her usual routine, strolling in the enormous Central Park as she tried to avoid any sappy couples and groups of friends all over the park. She envied them, the sick and twisted feeling of jealously towards them was something she couldn't quite understand. Until now.

After the stroll that had ended quite suddenly once she lost interest, (Y/N) walked all the way back to that dirty and old apartment she called a home, her feet dragging her across the door after she placed the keys in the table. Tiredness and soreness echoed through her body, but it was common for her to feel this way; the only thing that she hated was when her eyes began to sting because of no apparent reason to her.

(Y/N) tried to reassure herself that it would get better, that someday this numb and cold feeling would wash away as fast as it came; but the most frustrating thing of all was that she couldn't quite place why this was happening. Who or what was dragging her down with these emotions, and she wanted it to stop. It was endless nothingness.

Her eyes began to sting after fighting it off for a few seconds, different images that she couldn't comprehend popping out of nowhere in her mind. Faint echoes of her laugh mixed with someone else's would repeat constantly, and the sound of it was like sweet music to (Y/N)'s ears. It had been occurring for a few days now, and it happened in short lapses of time during her day.

The tears were now trailing down (Y/N)'s cheeks after all that struggling to hide them away from the walls of her apartment, sadness drowning her up since she so desperately wanted to grasp onto those happy memories forever. She wanted to be happy again, she thought she deserved it.

(Y/N)'s knees gave up from underneath her and she crumbled to the ground, cradling her both hands together close to her chest as she completely unraveled in the floor. It was painful,
it always was. And she was tired of it.

"You remind me of myself," a sudden voice, feminine, she could tell, said from a distance.

(Y/N) snapped her head in the direction of the voice, her eyes feeling dry because of the tears threatening to come out. If she hadn't been surprised and alerted because of the abrupt noise, she would've been embarrassed to be seen on this vulnerable state.

"What? Who's there?" (Y/N) cleared her throat and her eyes glowed a slight hue of blue.

"Don't you worry, dear. I'm not going to harm you," the voice continued, an accent dripping from it as it came even closer.

(Y/N) sniffed to hide any signs of her crying and wiped her dried tears, trying to create a tough facade as she propped herself on her knees. "Why don't you show yourself and I'll be the judge of that?"

The voice laughed and came into view, all while (Y/N) felt her jaw slightly drop at the sight of the person in front of her. She recognized her immediately, even if she wasn't close to her personally, they both knew who the other was because of the old battles. Her hair was long and colored in a shade of red and orange, wearing a gown similar to the one (Y/N) had, but in red.

"Wanda," (Y/N) muttered under her breath in awe, since the last thing she expected was to see her here. "What are you doing here?"

"Honored you still know my name," Wanda took a step forward. "I'm here to ask for a favor. A truce, if you prefer to call it that way."

"A truce?"

"You know what I mean," Wanda continued. "We, powerful women, have been thrown away by everyone ever since we got here. Outcasts, but not anymore."

(Y/N) seemed to listen deeply to what she had to say as Wanda kept on, "We should stick together. I know you have some unsolved issues to deal with, and so do I. I watch your back, and I watch yours. Simple as that."

"Simple as that," (Y/N) repeated her words, biting her bottom lip as she concentrated.

"So, what do you say?" Wanda extended a hand over to (Y/N) and help her up, hoping she accepted her deal and shake her hand to seal it.

Without a word, (Y/N) shook her hand back, missing completely the way Wanda grinned mischievously down to the floor as the first part of her plan was finally working out.