- ͙۪۪̥˚𝟬𝟳┊❛ 𝗥𝘂𝗻 𝗔𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗙𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀 ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

Kiara and Christine guided America away through the halls of the facility, running the fastest they could away from Wanda and (Y/N) when they noticed they were distracted. They ran across an empty hallway and halted their steps when they heard an echoing screeching in front of them, thinking they've been spotted.

Kiara placed herself in front of Christine and America when she spotted a certain shadow in the wall across from her. The shadow was followed by loud footsteps, meaning that whomever was casting the shadow was running desperately. When the shadow got closer and disappeared, Stephen appeared around the corner as his shoes squeaked when he tried to stop from running any further.

"Hey!" Stephen called. "You all right? You okay?"

America breathed an audible sound of relief before she sprinted over to Stephen, who was already walking towards her. Christine stood by Kiara, who stood frozen in her spot while the red cloak flew past them and joined Stephen's side in a heartbeat.

"Hey," Stephen breathed out and before he could react, America enveloped him in a tight embrace. He didn't expect it at all, but after a second he relaxed and tapped her back soothingly. Kiara's eyes softened at the sight in front of her. "You all right?"

"Yeah," America pulled away.

Stephen flicked his gaze over to his cloak to place itself around his shoulders and back as always.

"She fixed him," Christine spoke up first as she and Kiara walked over to the two. Stephen tensed at hearing her voice but shook the feeling off, ushering a quick 'thank you' under his breath.

"Xavier said I built a waypoint to The Book of Vishanti," Stephen decided to continue. "Can either of you take us there?"

Kiara stood beside America and noticed how the young girl slightly leaned over to her side. She ignored this action and crossed her arms, staring up at Stephen with a questioning look. "How am I supposed to trust you?"

"I know what happened, and I'm sorry for what he did, but believe me, the Book of Vishanti is the only way," Stephen tried to reason.

"It's your way. You're sounding a lot like my Stephen at this moment," Kiara acted defensive but in reality she was scared to loosing him all over again. "He had to be the one holding the knife, and then that knife killed a trillion people."

"This Stephen is different," America defended. "He is. It doesn't matter about all the other Stephen's. You're not like them."