doctor

y/ns pov:

im in the kitchen between the island and the oven. i was pacing back and forth. "what if he doesn't make it?" i said. "what if he is in serious condition.."

i felt someone behind me. they put their arms around my waist. "y/n. please calm down." Rafe said.

i shook my head and turned around. "i can't. I can't rafe." he then put his hands on my face bringing it closer to his . "he will be okay."

I put my hands on his wrist. "and what if he's not?" i whispered. "he saved my life. i.. i can't- i won't allow him to die." i put my head on his shoulder. "we are too young for this" i almost cry out.

"it will be fine. i promise. when shoupe calls you we will go there."

i nodded my head. "you need sleep." he said to me. he picked me up as i put my arms around his neck.

-

I wake up the next morning and rafe isn't beside me. Have to get use to it. everything from yesterday came back to me. I rush to open my phone.

8:32
hey just woke up.

it's 8:34 so u text back.

okay on the way now.

-
I put on some ripped jeans and a white tee. I brush my hair and do the rest of my morning routine. I go find rafe. I see him out side. "hey.. barry is up.." he rushed up. "let's go." he said grabbing my hand pulling me to the front door.

-
We make it to the hospital and we go to room B8 which is were he is . we knock on the door and walk in. "hey." he said groaning sitting up. "hey.." he said tapping his fist on his other hand. "are you okay.." i ask. He shrugged. "doc ain't come in" i roll my eyes because i wish he already knew so i would stop stressing. "what happened." he asked.

i immediately look up. "you don't know.." rafe said. he shook his head. "barry.. You OD.. on the road.." rafe told him. "mhmm.." he hummed.

"what were you on." he asked again. "i.. i don't know.." my thoughts got interrupted by a knock on the door. "barry?" a women asked. "yes ma'am." he said as she walked in closer in the room. "and your relationship to the patient.." she asked looking at the machine connected to him.

"uhm married.. and friend of his." rafe said. the doctor looked down at my hand. "engagement ring." she then went back to looking at the machine. I hide my hand behind my back.

"okay everything seems good.. iron is low but some medicine can fix it.. you seem to be recovering good." she said giving a smile. "when can he be released?" i asked. "2 days." she said walking out.

-