Seventeen

Hi everyone. Yesterday, I woke up to 99+ notifications/comments in this story and that kind of motivated me to update again? Anyway, thank you for that! emmiuoytonmi

Also, now that a lot of people are reading this, I appreciate that, but I want everyone to know that this story is not mine, and I only convert it. This belongs to the rightful owner, and not mine, I only edit a few stuff.

If you want to know who it is, you can read the comments on Chapter One.

______

You rushed through the hospital doors, your head was still aching from the hangover and the nausea made the corridors spin but your worry and your heart racing overpowered the sickness.

You'd left Jennie back in the penthouse despite how much she insisted she wanted to come, you needed to be alone, you didn't want your wife standing behind you as you inevitably broke down; you didn't think you could stand the humiliation of that.

'Y/n please let me come with you' Jennie pleaded as you stood there in disbelief 'you're going to need someone'

'I don't need anyone, I can handle this on my own' You replied 'I need to get there quickly, you'll just slow me down'

'Don't you think you'll need emotional support? You look destroyed already'

'I don't need it, I can handle myself'

'Please don't push me out'

'I'm not' You snapped 'my dad is dying, I need to go by myself, you're not his daughter'

'Ok, I understand you're going through a lot right now' Jennie sighed calmly putting her hands lightly on your shoulders 'but I'm here for you'

'Hm'

'I'll let you go but call me if you need me' Jennie gave you a kiss on your cheek as you grunted in distaste 'look after yourself'

As you approached the hospital room you saw Jin standing outside looking slightly irritated as you approached quickly.

'I brought you some strong painkillers and water' Jin scowled handing you a water bottle 'I'm not letting your dads last memory of you being you hungover as shit'

'If you told me he wasn't doing well earlier I wouldn't have drunk last night, ok?'

'I tried but you didn't pick up your phone, look theres no point arguing about this now' He sighed as you quickly necked down the tablets 'at least try to act happy, for his sake'

'Yes I know' you didn't know how to feel right now, you just felt empty

'Also don't say anything that will depress him, he doesn't want to hear about your marital problems on his deathbed'

'You don't need to lecture me, I have some common sense'

'I'll be waiting out here, if you need anything don't hesitate to call'

You pushed open the hospital door quickly, you knew exactly what would be on the other side of the door; you had pictured this moment a thousand times yet it still seemed like unfamiliar territory.

Your dad lay on his hospital bed, hooked up to many different monitors, oxygen attached to his mouth and IV drips of pain meds to try and make his final hours more comfortable.

'Dad' You breathed out as you took a seat by his side, lightly grabbing his hand 'how are you feeling?'

'As well as I can be for a guy in my situation' he lightly chuckled but the laugh turned into a throaty cough.