Eighteen

Y/n watched as Jennie picked up the last moving box, she didn’t have many things except clothes and a few ornaments so there was no need for a big moving van, most of her possessions were able to fit into the boot of a car- it was like this was never her home, that it was some kind of short stay hotel room that you knew you had to leave first thing in the morning so you couldn’t make it personal or comfortable, just live in the blank walls of someone else’s property.

Y/n's heart began to ache as she saw Jennie hold the box close to her chest, this was really it, the woman she loved was leaving her.

’Are you sure you’ve got everything?’ Y/n asked quietly, her heart beating with longing ‘I don’t want you to leave anything here’

‘I double checked, don’t worry I won’t bother you again’

They stood staring at each other awkwardly, unsure of what to say; they had gone through so much, with all their unresolved feelings and tensions it was a constant struggle but at least they didn’t have to struggle anymore; it was over.

Y/n still felt uncomfortable, how could Jennie leave like this? Like it was nothing, she still loved the girl in front of her more than anything, if romance movies had taught her anything it was that there was no harm in going after what you wanted.

‘I better leave now’ Jennie stated beginning to turn away, Y/n's heart begun to race with some form of new found strength, a found confidence that made her want to blurt out her feelings, it felt like she had some sort of drug in her veins ‘have a nice life Y/n’

‘Jennie  wait!’ Y/n called out, not even thinking before she stopped her, it was like her heart was running faster than her brain

Hm?’

Do you really have to leave?’ Y/n breathed out.

‘Y/n…’

‘I love you Jennie,, I love you more than I’ve ever loved anyone, this is really hard for me since I’m not good at expressing my emotions’ Y/n blushed as Jennie’s eyes widened, her dark pupils lighting up and dilating ‘but I don’t want you to leave, this arrangement is working so why change it?’

‘You know we don’t work well together at all, we’ve hurt each other too much for us to be redeemable’

‘I’m willing to work on that, I’ll listen to you when you tell me I’m doing something wrong’ Y/n stammered, this felt so awfully corny and cheesy, so unlike her that it almost didn’t feel real ‘I know you’ve given me more chances than I can count but if you just give me one more chance I believe that we can be happy’

‘I don’t know…’

‘Jennie, you’re the only girl I can see myself growing old with, you’re the only one I can picture myself happy with so please will you stay?’ She could see a small smile form on Jennie's face ‘is that a yes?’

Jennie dropped the box with a loud thud, not caring that the contents had spilled out over the floor and rushed over to her with light speed, like she’d been saving this energy all day and held her into a firm hug, so tight that you could smell the perfume on her neck.