Chapter Two

************************************

What did he say?!

"Liam.. No..."

I stared at him, not wanting to believe him.

"Jamie, please," he searched my eyes.

I couldn't tell what he was thinking, but I wasn't having this.

"Liam, just get out," I said, not wanting to look at him anymore.

"But Jami-"

"NO Liam!! I TOLD you!! I trusted you.." I said, as loud as I dared.

"How could you do this to me? You know I can't... I can't ever..." I said, as tears threatened to fill my eyes.

"Jamie you can't go on your own"

He started to move towards me, but I moved away.

"Don't!"

He stopped, his arms dangling by his side.

"I can't believe you would do this to me. I thought - You'd never.. That I wouldn't ever BE in this situation.."

I felt helpless. What the hell do I do now?

I needed to take control.

I took a quick breath.

"Liam, just leave ok? What I do now is none of your business anymore. DO NOT tell anyone."

I turned away from him, and started packing my bag again, but I was distracted. All this time we've been best friends, but he'd been in love with me the whole time??

What was I thinking when I told him everything? When I told him about Jenny???

I was thinking he was my best friend.

That I could trust him with anything.

That he wouldn't complicate things, he'd make them easier.

Thinking he'd never fall for me.

I was so lost in my own thoughts, packing my bag.

I suddenly realised Liam was still in the room.

I turned to face him.

"Move it Liam!!" I said, pointing to the door. He'd just been stood there for the past few minutes.

"Jamie, listen.. I'm - I'm sorry okay? I wasn't thinking.. I just got so caught up with you saying you were leaving. I just -"

"Leave it Liam. There's no point. Just go already." I turned back to my bag. I was almost finished.

I couldn't look him in the face. I knew I was being a cow, but if I didn't, I'd just break down. I couldn't do that. Not now. Not while Jenny still needed me.

Jenny...

Damn I needed to hurry.

"Jamie please just listen. I know you don't love me back... It was stupid to tell you now... But I just want you to know I'm here for you. I'm not expecting you to love me back, I just..." he trailed off.

He scratched his head nervously while I just searched his face.

"Liam, it doesn't matter what you say now. It won't change my mind. I'm going to find the Doctor, and you are NOT coming. You don't even believe in him. I have to do this alone."

I picked up my bag, the clothes I needed to change into, and my purse with my savings in it from my wardrobe.

I went around my room to get my phone, the charger and earphones, and my most comfortable shoes and walked out of my room to the bathroom.

Liam followed me.

"You can't still be going??"

He looked a bit panicked.

"No Liam, I just packed because it's fun." my voice dripped with sarcasm. "Yes I'm still going. It's not your problem anymore."

"You're not going to listen to me?" he said. His eyes were wide with concern, but everything's changed now.

"No."

And I locked the bathroom door behind me to get changed.

How could he do this?

He's just complicated everything.

I couldn't concentrate properly. My mind was already drained with only a few hours sleep over the past five weeks. On top of that I had to find a way of getting in touch with the Doctor.

My hands weren't working properly. It took me three goes to get both legs into my pair of jeans.

After changing I washed my face and made sure I looked half decent. I'd showered last night so I had jungle hair, but it didn't look too bad so I just left it as it was.

I stuffed my charger and the earphones in my bag and tugged on my shoes and socks. I put my phone in my back pocket.

I left the bathroom to find Liam wasn't there. He'd finally just left me alone.

I felt relieved I didn't need to confront him before I left.

I just hoped he'd still cover for me.

I grabbed my coat from my room and walked through the corridors of the home as quiet as I could.

I lived in Elm Tree House. A care home. This place has been my home for the past ten months.

For a good ten minutes, I walked past the rest of care kids' rooms. I didn't know if I'd ever see them again.

I climbed down the main stairs and walked to the front door, my bag on my back.

I looked around the hallway, the home at its quietest. I heard someone coming down the stairs.

It was Liam.

He turned, and just looked into my eyes. I looked back for a moment, then said "Just cover for me okay? That's all I'm asking."

"When are you coming back?" he asked.

I didn't have an answer.

I looked away and opened the front door quietly. I walked into the night air and shut the door behind me.

I walked to the end of the driveway, and stopped to look back at my old home. I smiled slightly, sadly.

And then I walked away.

************************************

A.N.

Hope you liked chapter two guys!! Please leave comments and vote. I really like your guys' opinions.

Shifa

<3