Chapter 6

"You-you're the Doctor??" I asked hesitantly.

"Yes, the Doctor." he said, with an expecting look on his face.

"Oh."

Wow, I never realised how pathetic I actually am.

I stood, not saying anything, just staring at him.

What the hell was wrong with me???

SAY SOMETHING IDIOT.

"What, no 'Doctor who??'," he asked, looking around at everyone else, disappointed. "I love it when people ask that. 'Doctor who?'. And then I say 'Just the Doctor', and then they say 'Just the Doctor?' and then I say..."

He shut up when he noticed the looks he was getting from rambling. Then he cleared his throat and looked back at me.

What a fail.

"So, what did you say your name was?" he asked.

Hmm, let me see. I didn't actually say anything mate.

Brain, what the hell are you playing at?!!

Everyone was just staring at me while my body refused to listen to me.

"Eer, Doctor, this Jamie. She's the reason you're here actually." explained Jack.

Everyone snapped back to their senses, breaking the awkward silence that had built up in the near half a minute where nothing was said.

"Yes, she needs your help. Come, sit down Doctor." said Sarah Jane, moving towards the other side of the room.

"Nice to meet you, Jamie. How can I help??" said the Doctor, with a smile.

"I-I er..."

What the hell was wrong with me??? I never got this bad when it came to meeting new people.

"Erm, Doctor? D'you mind parking this somewhere else??? It's blocking the room." said Sarah Jane.

We all looked over. The TARDIS was taking up most of the space in the middle of the room.

"Ah yes. Sorry about that. Just a tick!"

The Doctor ran back inside the TARDIS, then stuck his head back out and winked at all of us before shutting the door.

A few seconds later, the TARDIS disappeared, and Sarah Jane sat down on one of her sofas on the other end of the room, while Mr Smith announced once again 'Temporal flux escalating'. Whatever that meant. Something to do with the TARDIS, I guessed.

Sarah Jane motioned for me to go over and sit next to her, so I did. Jack sat on my right, and Sarah Jane on my left.

Two seconds after we got settled, the Doctor burst through the door, saying "Ta da!!"

Wow. Impressive. But I didn't let him know I thought that.

"Alright then, let's get started." said the Doctor, rubbing his hands together. "Who are you and what do you want?" he said to me sternly.

Was this guy having a mood swing???

Once again words failed me as the Doctor's eyes bored into me. But his eyes... They were a bright green, slightly grey... But once again, Jack came to my rescue.

"Doctor, how about we explain what's going on, and Jamie can say anything we've missed, alright??"

I just nodded to agree with Jack. The Doctor regarded me, almost suspiciously.

It wasn't rude, but I didn't like it. I felt like I wasn't leaving a good impression on the Doctor and I've only met him for less than two minutes. What the hell.