Section 2: A Wise Illusion

Wisdom is a stone that appears to be in your grasp but fades when unclutched. Only when your hand is empty, and your fingers feel nothing is when you are truly wise.
For what is wisdom if not the thing that disappears when needed and returns when not wanted?
The mirage in the desert of your foolishness, the shadowy figure in your rearview, the yellow light you speed across.
Wisdom is all men have never searched for, hoping not to find it but finding luck beside it.
If only I were wise, I wouldn't have gone with them.
If only I were a bit clever, I would never trust strangers.
If only I were that smart, my life would have gone better.
If only I had wisdom, I wouldn't be this stupid.
Solomon was given wisdom, but he acted like he had none. The only thing relatable about a king with 700 wives.
Proverbs and proverbs were written, yet none followed.
How to be wise, even elude rulers?
What hope is there for their subjects?
What knowledge can we truly ever know?

- ascend
All kings are fools, for all are mortals.
Heavy the head that wears the crown, for what neck is strong enough to bear such a burden? What shoulder is mighty enough to shoulder that neck?
At eighteen, I was given a spectre and was told to rule the land, lord over the noble, conquer the unconquerable, protect the meek, and punish the unjust.
However, now I know that a king's robes are made of fine silk, threaded with gold and embedded with despair. The robes of a king are sewn with the most delicate lace, dazzled with the shiniest gems and set with loneliness.
No good man is a good king, and no good king is a good man.
What darkness the life of a king is.
What sorrow the lives he rules.

- peak
When climbing a mountain, the top seems so far away, the journey arduous, and the destination impossible.
But, the higher you go, the nearer you are to the top. The higher you go, the closer you are to your goal. The higher you go, the farther you are from the ground.
But, the higher you go, the colder it is.
The higher you go, the harder you fall.
The higher you go, the harder it is to breathe.
The higher you go, the more you see, the less you feel.
But when you finally reached the mountain top and saw everything below, was it n̶o̶t̶ worth the climb?

- cadent
To fall is the most beautiful thing one can do.
To cascade and let go of all that is holding you down, 
for they only make you fall harder and faster.
But to relinquish control and let gravity do its thing,
so that you can be weightless, light and free.
Fly like a bird, even just for a few seconds.

Grow wings and soar.

Grow feathers that flutter.

Reach heights beyond what others will ever reach.
Let the wind blow your hair and move your sails.
Be one with the sky, breathe in the good, and exhale the bad.
Look at the sun, touch the stars, and feel the heavens. The best thing about falling is that you can get up and fly again.

- rebirth
In the heat of the day, how can you see clearly when the sun blocks your view?
In the darkness of the night, all things become clear.
The more you can not sleep, the more you toss and turn, so the more you grow and learn.
How can you stop and wonder during the dog hours of the day when the temperature is too high to sit and think?
The warmth is sky high to lie down and dream.
So the mind awakes in the dead of night, your dreams are real, and your ambitions are possible. Your visions are endless, and the chances limitless.
In the late hours of the day and early hours of the night, you can start again.