Section 4: The Station By The Sea

I meet you at the station by the sea.
The train tracks were crystal clear, and the waves moved like a well-oiled machine.
The sea was dark and gloomy, but the station was painted the brightest blue.
And there you were, sitting on a bench at the station by the sea.
The rusty metal of the handle was the same shade as your locks, sunkissed and sunlight.
You look like you belong there as the sea breeze blows your tendrils like seaweed against ocean currents.
But you act like you didn't, with your ever-frequent glances to the old station clock, waiting for the train to sail you away.
I wondered what your stop was, what transfer brought you here and what carriage you would be sitting in.
The sun finally rose, and so did you, yet its sunlight couldn't hold a candle to the sparkle of your glow.
The loudspeakers boom with announcements of impending vroom, but I was gloomy that my time with you domed.
You marched towards the platform, and I followed with a careful distance, so close yet so far.
Despair and agony await on board because they had first-class tickets to the short demise of my ever-growing feelings.
However
Our eyes meet as the tracks rattle as the train speeds towards us.
Our hands brushed as we grasped the staircase during the mad rush to board.
Our mouths chuckled as we sat opposite each other's aisle seat.
Our faces blushed, and we looked away when we saw each other peeking.
The train leaps forward as it sails through the coastal line.
Minutes felt like hours, yet hours felt like seconds, as I spent each regret about not purchasing the seat next to you.
As we passed the shore, closer and closer to our destination, I wondered whether I would ever see those blue waters reflected through your eyes.
So I leaned over and asked, "Will you return to the station by the sea with me?