Prologue - Past

It's cold.

No matter how much I tried to endure it, the cold freezes me from within. The cold from pain, loss, sadness, everything. It is colder than any winters that I have experienced in my life.

I had no friends. I don't even know what the word "friend" meant, as most of my classmates are scum. It gets even worse, one day after dad came to school to take me home, and tried to comfort me telling me that they surely won't bother me if I try to ignore them.

"I hate you, Father! I wish you died already!"

Those words shook him and, eventually me. I never spoke to him again afterwards... since he died the very next morning because of an accident. His death made the bullying from my classmates even worse. Some of the students witnessed me shouting that cursed wish, and when dad's death really happened they begin to call me a witch, a hag child, and more insults. The boys made the most moves onto me during the bullying, scarring my already broken shell even more.

I sat alone on a swing, looking down as I reminisced the time I had with dad before he died. No matter how I tried, no tears came out. Too sad, to even cry, if that is even possible.

"What are you doing sitting alone on the swings?" A boy's voice asked.

I looked up, and there that boy is. That short brown hair and warm brown eyes looking at me pitifully. I instantly guessed that he is saying that only to bully me afterwards. I looked back down, but he didn't leave. Instead, I sensed someone beginning to occupy the swing next to me.

"Are you bored? Let's be friends and play together."

"...You aren't going to pull me off?" I motioned my finger, pointing to the swing I am sitting on.

"Why would I do that? There's no reason to."

We begin to swing together for a while as he talks a lot to me which I ignored, and after what seems to be forever, which is when I realized that the sun is already setting. He was about to leave, but I tugged on his sleeve.

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Before you go... Can I ask your name?"

"Sure, my name is..."

Everything went black as that piece of memory ends.