CHAPTER 17

Alya's pov~

     I left Alessio in our room and joined Maddie in the kitchen. Without giving
her any warning, I pulled her away from the oven and twirled us around. She
looked surprised at first but quickly let out a laugh.

Coming to a stop, I hugged her tight before letting go. "l see everything went
well," she remarked.

Yes. It was perfect. Maddie, he is simply amazing I gushed in utter contentment. "Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve him. But I'm selfish. I don't want to be without him."

Maddie smiled, her face glowing with happiness. "I'm so happy for both of
you. Don't give up on him, okay?"

Shaking my head, I promised, "Never."

Was It going was a to promise fight for I him was going to hold close to my heart. He was mine, and I was his

I'm surprised you came down so fast." Maddie raised an eyebrow at me before going back to the oven to remove the roasted chicken.

"Umm....yeah about that. I told him he can touch me for three days."I said the
words so fast they ran together before snapping my mouth shut in embarrassment.

"Huh?" Maddie asked, confused sitting on the stool, I cleared my throat before speaking again. "I told him he can't touch me for three days because I was still mad."

Maddie stared at me for a second before busting in laughter. "You're withholding sex? Oh my God, this is priceless."

I shrugged. "But it's two days now. He tried to bargain with me of course. This is Alessio we're talking about. I'm surprised he even accepted two days.

It was a hard bargain," l agreed.

I'm proud of you, girl," Maddie said, her chest puffing out proudly. "Alessio needs to Know what he did was wrong and won't easily be forgotten.

I nodded and helped her out. Maddie and I switched to small talk about anything and everything when I heard a very familiar voice.

My back straightened, and I saw Maddie freeze. The voice came closer, and I held my knife tighter.

Nina.

What was she doing here?

I saw Maddie glaring at the doorway, and I took a deep breath. And then I heard her

"Maddie," she greeted. "I just need a glass of water."

Maddie didn't reply. Turning around on my stool, I faced her. She was wearing a pretty tight black dress that barely came to mid-thigh. Her red heels were pretty but so tall wondered how she walked in them. Her blonde hair curled beautifully around her shoulders. Her face was glowing, her lips red with lipstick. In other words, she looked absolutely gorgeous.

Nina looked at me up and down, sizing me up before scoffing, rolling her eyes. "I'm surprised you're still here," she mumbled.

"What?" I asked, placing the knife down on the counter.

"After what you saw, I thought you would be all but hurt and possibly be running away in embarrassment, she replied frankly.

"I'm still here," I said.

"I can see that. But for how long? None of his fuck buddies last very long." She shot back. "Except me." Nina flipped her hair over her shoulder and leveled with a look.

Was she serious?

I saw Maddie glaring holes into Nina from the corner of my eyes. Oh, she is
so dead

"Well it's not like he'll still be interested in you after a few weeks." She shrugged

"Why do you say that?"I asked as calmly as I could. Deep inside, I felt slightly embarrassed, but that wasn't what I was trying to control.

It was the anger boiling inside of me that I was trying to keep at bay. Giving her my best smile, I waited for her answer.

She scoffed, shaking her head. "Have you seen yourself?

Confused,I looked down at myself. "I see myself every day in the mirror," I mumbled.

"You are so..stiff," she said through gritted teeth. "Do you really think you
can keep Alessio interested for long?

That's enough, bitch!" Maddie growled on the side.

Oh please. l'm just speaking the truth. Truth hurts, doesn't it? Nina snapped
back. Turning toward me again, she continued to hurl her insults.

You are so plain. Stiff. Looking at you, I can already say you are probably a sit lay. Alessio needs someone adventurous. Someone who can keep him on his toes. Someone who isn't as frigid as you."

Calm down, Ayla. Take a deep breath. It's okay. She's just trying to hurt you.

Don't let her win.

"You little" Maddie started saying, but Nina talked over her.

Walking closer to me, she continued. "Do you really think he would leave me or you, someone he had just met?

My hands tightened into fists, andI stared blankly at her.

"I'm more like him. We have always been compatible. In bed and outside the bed. Whether he is fucking me or if we're just working."

Jealousy was a red gaze in front of my eyes. And so much anger. She licked her red lips and then smiled. The smile wasn't friendly at all. It was mockIng me, daring me to prove her wrong. "I've known him for years, and he always comes back to me. Alessio always comes back for more. And when he's done with you, he will be back in my bed. You will be long forgotten, like every other stupid woman in his life"

Thats it. I have had enough

Quickly standing up, I caught Nina by surprise, and she took a step back, her
eyebrows pulling together in confusion. Without thinking, I reached acros the
counter, my hand blindly reaching for something. Anything.

Too bad, my hand caught the cake Lena had baked this morning.

Everything happened so fast then.

One second I was standing in front of Nina while she glared at me, and the
next, the cake falling from her face to the floor. Nina swiped her hands over her face furiously.

"You fucking bitch. You're going to pay for this.

I didn't give her a chance to react. Bending down, I grabbed the leftover cake and smashed it in her face again, smearing it all over her beautuful blonde hair and perfect face.

"You stupid ugly bitch!" I growled.