Chapter Seven!

Alador immediately attempted to make a run for the nearby trees, however a clawed hand tugged him back.

"Don't ruin this night for Rainestorm, or you'll learn why they call me the Owl Lady." Eda glared poison in the engineer's soul.

Alador sighed and nodded with a small scowl. Eyes staring at the snow underneath his boots, losing himself to the sound of the frost crunching from footsteps. He could faintly hear Darius' whining. At least he wasn't the only objecting to this.

"It's good to see you, Alador, I didn't think you'd be the friend Eda would invite" Raine's voice had a hint of sarcasm but it was mostly hidden by the feign surprise.

Alador glanced up at the bard, "Yeah... we haven't talked since-"

"School, graduation. When I was accepted as Head Witch over you." Darius smirked, flattening his cape on his shoulder.

"I didn't need your help," Alador spat.

"I was just worried your memory went with your looks" Darius snapped back.

Eda and Raine looked at each other, annoyance and worry were on their respective faces. Things went quiet as a glaring contest broke out between the two abomination witches.

"Why don't we head inside and have some drinks, relax a bit? There's some aged apple blood just calling our names" Eda chuckled and shoved Alador inside, Raine followed quickly and practically dragged Darius beside them.

~~~

The four sat on the couches, in silence. Darius was swirling his glass, Alador had finished his glass 7 times over, Eda was trying to keep up for pride's sake, and Raine had finished half of theirs.

The bard cleared their throat, "Eda, how about that hunt you were talking about for... what was it?" Raine looked at the ceiling and placed a hand on Eda's shoulder.

She glanced at them and her eyes widened slightly in realization, "Right! There's some potion ingredients that can only be found on the Knee, so Raine thought it'd be a good first activity for this little getaway." They nodded in agreement and looked towards the other two witches.

~~~

It was suffocating, Eda had a basket of ingredients in one hand and was leading Raine with the other. Alador and Darius had been bickering the entire time about their different styles of abominations and it was draining everything around them. Even the Slitherbeast slunk back into it's lair to avoid the noise.

"At least I don't have to rely on metal armor to keep mine together" Darius snarked.

"For the last time, simpleton, it's for a boost of strength! Not that you would understand. You just follow the pattern of your mentors." Alador snipped back.

Darius growled, his hair flowing faster and his eyes glowing. "Filthy soap dodger"

"Preppy judgmental slimy-"

"Are you two done!? At this point anyone passing by will think you two are an old married couple!" Eda screeched, glaring at the two.

They both froze, their faces reddening just a bit. Alador shook his head and quickened his uneven pace to get ahead of the group, and he would never admit it but the idea was promising, at least a little bit. But he couldn't lose his position and honor as a Blight.

Darius on the other hand couldn't seem to catch his imagination of what could have been. Raine slowed to be in pace with Darius.

"Having fun, daydreamer?" Raine grinned, poking his friend's shoulder. Darius glanced at the bard, his eyes and mind still wandering. He nodded and looked up at the falling snow, it was almost twinkling as it fell.