Chapter Nine!

Bargaining chatter and high price complaints were filling the air of the market as they did day after day. The heavy scent of coming acid rain caused price debates to go from bad to harmful, lucky for Hunter’s heart rate, his little group were just browsing at the time.

Gus and Hunter were wrapping up an intense, titan-shaking thumb war when Willow returned from a concerned call from her dads. 

“We’ve been ordered to either go to my house, Gus’s, or the Owl House. We’d better get moving, the rain is gonna start soon.” She sighed and looked at the sky, eyes squinting slightly.

Hunter groaned slightly, “I vote we go to your house, Luz hasn’t left me alone about Edric.” 

Willow smiled and giggled slightly, “It’s your fault for not being careful, you know Luz is a detective when it comes to crushes.”
“Being snoopy is not being a detective. And I’m still pretty sure you had something to do with it” Hunter gave a playful glare to Willow who shrugged. Their back and forth teasing was being ignored by the young illusionist, whose attention was caught on a whining cloaked woman, whose voice was eerily familiar.

“Does that lady sound familiar to you two?” Gus looked to Willow and Hunter, who paused to listen. Willow slowly nodded and the three slowly snuck closer.

Upon closer inspection, that cyan hair and bitchy voice was unmistakably familiar. She was angrily whispering at the poor vendor about some potion she needed. 

However, before the three could get any more information, they heard a small sizzle as a drop of rain hit Hunter. The sounds of shutters slamming shut and people hurriedly taking all they can inside sent the three bolting to Willow’s house, barely making it inside before the downpour began.

The sound of the slamming door echoed in the house as the rain sizzled outside. Willow quickly began getting Gus and Hunter comfortable on the living room couches.

"So, is anyone else curious as to what Odalia was doing at a shady potion shop?" Gus asked, fiddling with his shirt. Willow nodded and sat on the floor, holding a flower she was nursing back to health in her hand.

"Whatever it was, it can't be good, She's Odalia for titan's sake." Hunter snarled, grumbling as if saying her name burned his tongue. He was always suspicious of everyone but Odalia was different, the very concept of her existence was unnerving. What horrors is she planning? 

"We'll bring it up to Luz and Amity tomorrow, for now, let's just have some fun while we wait for the rain to pass." Willow's voice broke Hunter from his spiraling thoughts. He sighed and nodded, allowing himself to be dragged into a particularly targeted game of truth and dare.

~~~~~~~~~~

Odalia grumbled as she patted down her singed clothing. She took a deep breath and calmed her frizzy hair. The sound of boots clacking against the floor was the only sound bouncing off the walls as she made her way into her bedroom. 

"Alador, I'm back with your medicine, dear" Her voice was dripping with feign worry and care. She took a potion from her bag, grumbling at the amount of thick orange liquid inside. 

A soft groan filled the room as Alador slowly sat up, his eyes drooping and his skin pale. He coughed as he reached for the bottle, Odalia quickly handing it over with a kind smile. He quickly chugged the potion, tossing the empty bottle. Glass clattered together as the bottle landed in a pile. 

Odalia lightly pat Alador's head, tucked him back in and let her smile shift to a grin as she walked out. 

"Poor little Alador. It didn't have to come to this. But you and that vile coven head left me no choice." She chuckled softly as she ran her fingers over the charred, fraying remains of Alador's bracelet.

(A/N) Hey my crew! Thank you guys for sticking around and reading. Sorry for the long wait and sorry about this being a short chapter but its just a bit of filler/setup before the next chapter. Hope to see ya'll soon!