Chapter Two

Rachell (Rae/Valkyrae) was never good when it came to feelings. It wasn't so much that she didn't feel things. In fact, it was quite the opposite; she felt more then she ever let on, and those feeling tended to get stronger then she let on, too. She just tended to keep it quiet, and she'd been that way since she'd been a child. Depending on the subject of the situation called for it, she was willing to open up. 

As difficult as feelings could be, she found herself smitten with a certain someone, that someone just a few weeks ago she teased relentlessly about an unexpected and unwanted DM. Sure she had always viewed Thomas (Sykkuno/Tom) highly but it leaned more towards true friendship. 

This however was different, when ever he brushed up against her when they went out to eat or streamed, or even cooked...her heart skipped a beat and her face flushed. It was then that she knew she was in deep.

She played along in her usual role, somehow managing to convince her friends that she was just the same old Rae. 

It was during the time that they were streaming with the whole house group, she noticed that Sykkuno was slightly irritated. Catching onto this observation, she decided to push it further, in her own selfish way try and confirm what she suspected. That Thomas was slightly jealous. She picked at him, and talked more to Nathan (Blau/Blaustoise) obviously flirting with him in front of Thomas. 

Even changed TWICE just to make a show of it all, did her makeup spectacularly well if she did say so herself. Even spiced it up with her favorite body spray.

She's sit on the opposite side of Blau always from Sykkuno, she saw the little changes. He's roll his eyes slightly or bite his lip to keep from saying something. After the stream was over, she hung onto Blau's arm giggling like some flirty teenager and hugged him when he left their house.

They got finished cleaning, and it was just the two of them (Rae and Thomas) in the Kitchen putting dishes away. Sykkuno finally cracked.

"Do...you like him?" He asked outright, Rae almost dropped the plate she'd been drying. Sykkuno stopped putting the dishes away and looked slightly towards her but didn't really look at her fully.

"W-what?" She said still trying to grasp the concept of him actually calling her out. 

"You were pretty forward, even Yvonnie was talking about it. I know it's not any of my business um." He realized what he said and started back pedaling. 

Rae was just very surprised at this strait forward side of Sykkuno, she also decided she kind of liked it actually. She felt butterflies were in her stomach. 

"And what of it?" She challenged him, "Why are you so interested in knowing, hmm?" She put the plate down in the sink and turned towards him crossing her arms. "Are you jealous or something?"

Sykkuno got flustered then calmed down, "And what if I am." He said calmly, both stared into each others eyes. At that her eyes widened and mouth dropped open, his boldness threw her off.

"You-your!-" She started, heart nearly leaping out of her chest. 

"I-I'm just playing!" Sykkuno laughed, "Your face! I'm sorry Rae I had to do that, that was gold." He said grinning.

But Rae wasn't amused, no she was pissed. 

"I mean, it's really non of my business, I had to tease you," He smiled patting her on the head

"Fine! Have it your way!" She huffed and stormed off, She thought she had finally broke him but it seemed no. But she did look back towards him and noticed that he was back to his calm serious face. He WAS jealous. 

As she got to her room, she closed it and slid down the door squealing silently, she was down bad! Bossy straight forward serious no nonsense Sykkuno was freakin hot. She really liked that side to him even if he tried to pretend that it was fake and he'd only been teasing her. The butterflies grew and she felt like they were fluttering into her heart, she ran a hand through her hair.

I need to make him realize that I do genuinely like him, and no one else..." She contemplated silently, still sitting against her door. She pulled out her phone from her pocket and then looked at the stream. After seeing al ot of comments about her and Blau. 

It was no wonder he seemed a little pissed. Knowing that he had been reading comments on chat during stream. 

Chat really noticed and now though Blau was a good match. In turn pissing off Syk and either would push him away further. NOT what she wanted, and was kind of her fault but she'd never admit it.

"Ah damn." She sighed getting up with a huff, "Back to square one."

🌱