Chapter 1

Crumb awkwardly shifts on her padded feet, the anxiety getting to her as she stands alone, leading to her having pads over her shifting sneakers.

Ranboo had mentioned this place before but hadn't convinced her to come until last week when she caved in after he'd talked about it for the millionth time and half begged her to come to the meeting.

Now the teen isn't so sure she should've given in.

The lankier teen isn't here yet and all the people that're here so far are a couple of much older teens quietly chatting next to a table with donuts and coffee.

The meeting was supposed to start soon and no one has approached her or talked to her yet and Ranboo still isn't here.

She can feel her hands shifting into paws and decides to take a seat even if it's early.

When she sits, she lets herself fully shift so that she wouldn't do it suddenly during the meeting.

And that's when she gets scooped up by the stupid lanky teen that convinced her to come.

"RANBOO!"

The tall teen only laughs as he sits down where she was sitting and holds her gently.

"Hi Crumb! I'm glad you came!"

Crumb only narrows her eyes, "Well, I promised I'd come so I came. I wouldn't've if I knew you were gonna scare me!"

Ranboo continues laughing but tones it down a bit as an apology.

Crumb leaps down from his gentle hold and shifts back. Padded feet gone, her sneakers squeak on the linoleum.

"Ranboo, if you do that again, I'm afraid our friendship will have to be... over." She dramatically turns away to make sure he knows she's joking. Even if they joke like this a lot, they always make sure to turn up the dramatics to show they're joking, lest they accidentally hurt the others feelings.

Ranboo gasps dramatically, "No!"

Crumb sighs and tuts, "You've brought this upon yourself rainbow!"

Ranboo lets out a fake sob and they both fall into giggles before they can continue the scene they were making.

"Hello Ranboo! I see you brought a friend!"

The man's pure white eyes almost blind Crumb for a moment as she unknowingly stares the man down.

"Ah, Yes! This is Crumb!" He happily gestures to the cat hybrid, "She goes to this cool gym I chill at."

Crumb smiles awkwardly, "Uh, yeah, I work and attend the Ianite Power Gym, It's a really cool place."

The demonic humanoid smiles brightly, "Oh that's so cool! I used to work there before my current job. How's the captain?"

The man's friendly demeanor soothes her worries a bit, "He's doing pretty great, people have been following the rules really well lately and there hasn't been an episode from an attendee in two months."

His smile is infectious and the small group find themselves smiling in no time.

Eventually, he checks his watch and he grins, "Well, the session is about to start so you can take a seat and enjoy yourselves!" The man walks up to the podium and shuffles around a bit, seemingly preparing for the session.

Crumb turns to Ranboo with a small grin, "He was nice."

Ranboo's glad Crumb likes it so far. Maybe she'll come back with him next week. "Yeah, Bad's a sweetheart. He runs the group too."

Crumb nods in quiet realization while Bad claps loudly.

"Hello everyone! Please take a seat so we can begin!"