Chapter 3

When I woke up, I saw Rin. I feel like we are now close enough to call each other that. Besides, it seems like he's sort of on the clueless side of things, so will he care either way. The train must've stopped. I feel well-rested and it seems to be brighter out. While I seemed to be staring at him, I wasn't; he seemed like he was getting uncomfortable. I might as well tease him a bit, just for calling me meek. "Sorry I was cold, are you uncomfortable?" he went a bit red. Cute.

"Sorry!" he looked panicked again, almost shocked.

"You're fine," I said standing up "I just wanted to tease you for calling me meek."

"I'm so sorry!" He looked very sad, almost pitiful.

"As I said, you're fine. After a surprisingly good sleep, I'm not mad anymore."

"Thank god!" he stood up and started to walk up "I was worried that you'd hate me!" he abruptly stopped walking and I almost bumped into him. I look around him to see what had him so shocked. As I do so I am greeted by three people-made-rows with one person at each front holding a sign with a name on it. On the right is Victor Vasquez, the middle is Rin Haner, and on the left is me, Connor Hutchin. What the hell is going on! After a moment of no movement, someone just walked up to the guy on the right.

He said "I assume that you're here for me?" he must've been Victor Vasquez.

After he said this the man holding the sign said very monotone, "Yes sir, please follow me."

"Of course." and he just followed him no questions asked! This guy seems crazy. I try to stay hidden behind Rin, but he walks up to the guy in middle.

"Hello, I'm Rin Haner." He said in a business tone like he's done this before. He must've also been crazy! But I mean, I had nowhere else to go except to the man holding the sign with my name.

"Hey, that's me!" I said while walking up to him casually. Truly I'm nervous as shit. But I'm trying my damnedest to stay calm. I do need to get some answers from this guy though. "Hey, guy, who are you? Where are we going?" After I said this I realized I sounded kind of like a 5-year-old.

    I waited a moment for a response, but nothing was said. I stopped walking and said "If you don't tell me I won't come with you. I can't trust someone that won't talk to me."

"Please come with me, sir. I cannot tell you much. Only for that, I do not know much."

"Then can you tell me what you do know?"

"Yes sir. I have been told to take you to a hotel apartment that you will stay in while waiting for your marriage to happen. I will take you where you need to go and will take you where you want to go. That is all that I have been told."

"Wow, well I guess since you know about the marriage you know about who I'll marry. Do you? Can you tell me?"

"Yes sir, I do know. And no sir, I cannot tell you."

"What? seriously?" This conversation is tiring! "And please stop calling me sir! It's getting annoying."

"I am sorry, what would you like to be called."

"Just call me Connor or Con. It doesn't matter to me."

"I cannot call you that sir."

"I'm telling you that you can. If anyone tells you otherwise they can talk to me."

"But sir-"

"Connor"

"Yes, Connor," he said with this slight hesitation, but I think that this could benefit our future relationship, or I could get something out of him. Who knows.

"Well, what should I call you?"

"There is no need to call me anything, I am simply providing transportation."

"And? I still want to acknowledge you properly."

"Then you may call by either of my names. Osain Crane." He said his name with great hesitance.

"I must say, Osain, your name is quite lovely, why you would not want to be called them is quite worrying." They truly are, I can only wonder why he would not want to be referred to by them. "Can I ask what they mean?"

"Of course Connor." he took a second to gesture that we walk down the aisle of people. "My first name, Osain, means 'Small deer". My second name, Crane, is just like the bird. My mother's favourite animal was a doe, and my father's favourite animal was the crane." While he was talking you could see him looking down and softly smiling.

"That's beautiful, thank you for telling me."

He nodded and continued forward, and after walking for a bit we arrived at an all-black car. This scene looks like it was out of a movie. Some average guy is being escorted down an aisle of people to a fancy all black car. The feeling that this brought me was truly amazing. I don't like attention but when people stare at you and you can feel the jealousy and admiration for your situation; that has to feel nice! Osain opened the car door for me and gestured for me to get inside. Before I get in I look around and see two other cars. They must have Rin and that Victor guy. I know that Rin is also getting married, but I wonder about Victor. he probably is if both me and Rin got the same treatment as him. He seemed so princely, and Rin seemed to be of a higher class than me but then again everyone does, I'm the lowest of low. Still, Rin seems to be in the middle of Victor and me. I guess that could make sense. I'm not sure how but, I'll give up thinking about it and try to go to sleep. I regret sleeping on Rin on the train. Just the sleeping part though. I guess I'll just fall asleep eventually. In the meantime, I'll just lay down in the car.

(sorry if this part didn't make sense, it's pretty late at night haha.)