𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢: singularity

Kia was astounded by the perfect coincidence that allowed Zoë or, at least, somehow someone to know something that would help them out and solve all of their problems at all times. It was crazy how Zoë just happened to know how to find or 'seek out' this Nereus guy. Although, Kia could admit she'd also probably be obsessive about remembering everything if she were immortal.

Her mind started wandering to odd places; specifically, the little incident back near the Embracardo Building when they were dropped off by the metal angels. Kia had been looking around with no particular intent when her eyes caught on a rather unusual set of sights.

A boy, maybe a little younger than her, and a girl around the same age, both wielding weird gold weapons unlike anything Kia had ever seen before, fighting a serpent-creature-thing. The girl had hair glossy and dark in a braid while he boy contrasted, with bleach blonde hair cropped neatly. The boy had coincidentally looked back at Kia right at that moment, and she stumbled from the sheer weight in those blue eyes. They were a fantastic sky blue, so blue that Kia couldn't even imagine the sky itself being such a vibrant shade. The scariest thing was, they reminded her of someone else.

He opened his mouth to say something, but just then, Kia was jerked back by a grip on her arm.

"Hey, what's up?" Percy asked, looking her over. Her skin had become even more pale than usual, and her face was stricken by something like grief.

Kia looked over distractedly, a far-off look in her eye. "Did you see them? Didn't you see them?"

Percy furrowed his eyebrows. "See who?" His face took to a look of concern. "Are you feeling sick?"

Kia absently swatted away his hands trying to see if her forehead was burning. She was sweating, and even panting a little. Kia was sure that she had seen something—something she wasn't supposed to—but when she looked back, there was no one there. No sign of a blonde boy or a raven-haired girl or a slithering serpent creature.

Kia couldn't even focus on Percy's very worried expression while she racked her brain trying to think of what's she'd seen. She was started to get frustrated because she found herself completely forgetting everything she saw. Whatever she saw started to get hazy again; she didn't remember who was there, what happened, or what she saw; just the imprint of electrifyingly blue eyes and a heavy stain of confusion.

All these thoughts coiled and churned in her head and she must've been scowling, because Grover looked startled when he caught her eye. "Are you okay?"

They were waiting outside of a Goodwill drop box for Percy to perfect his homeless kid look, Thalia and Zoë joining him to make sure he remained on task (he seemed to have a knack for somehow meeting people who wanted to kill him without supervision). Looking rugged and vagrant-ish seemed to be more difficult than anticipated, because he was sure taking his sweet time.

Kia tried to tone down her glare. "Yep. Just thoughts."

It was silent for a few seconds before Kia groaned. "What's taking so long? I might as well have taken over Olympus by now."

Grover shifted nervously. Kia chuckled awkwardly. "Too dark?"

"It's been, like, five minutes," Grover said, stepping wisely around the 'taking over Olympus' comment.

Right on time, too, because it was precisely when Zoë, Thalia and Percy waltzed back outside. Percy didn't look as pleased as the other two. He was dressed in a ragged flannel shirt and jeans three sizes too big, bright red sneakers, and a floppy rainbow hat.

"Oh, yeah," Grover said, trying not to bust out laughing, "you look completely inconspicuous now."

Kia bit her lip to not smile. "Really hits the mark, your outfit."