𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢: a smile brighter than the sun

Thalia woke Kia up when they were officially on Mount Olympus. She had to see this.

Kia groggily rubbed at her eye like a five year old, but the entire landscape sharpened her sight quick enough.

It was still quite early in the morning, so in the darkness, the torches with bright illuminating flames cast a fiery glow over everything, tinting everything into a marvellous spectrum ranging colours from vermillion to indigo. It seemed as though no one was asleep, because even though it was barely dawn, nature spirits and forgotten demigods and minor gods bustled around, some being carried around in chariots by Cyclops and some dance-walking while gracefully twirling down the streets. It didn't seem like winter anymore. Fresh scents of the most vibrant flowers curled into Kia's nostrils and she wondered how so many different scents could smell so nice muddled together—jasmine, roses, honeysuckle, you name it, it was there. Kind-sounding music drifted sweetly out of windows, lyres and reed pipes of the most euphonious notes and melodies.

"Woah," Kia breathed.

Thalia grinned.

At the peak of the mountain rested the pearly-white hall of the gods. The place screamed purity and elitism, but Kia assumed gods had a trademark for that kind of stuff.

The pegasi swooped down onto the outer courtyard, right in front of the hall. The grass was the most green colour Kia had ever seen. The torches on the street looked like little rubies lit aflame from so far away. The gates abruptly blew open, casting a strong gale of wind in the courtyard.

Thalia helped Kia down as Percy talked to the horse one more time. Kia petted Porkpie on his nape for getting them here. She didn't speak horse (like some other unnamed demigod) but he nodded his head and neighed appreciatively, so she figured he was happy for the pets. If Bessie kept picking Percy, some other adorable animal was going to be getting the spare hugs.

The pegasus flew away, and for a second, they all stood together, regarding the tall entrance of the home of the gods. So much had happened in such a short time, it felt like a million years ago from when Kia had woken up.

And then, they all walked in together.

Twelve enormous thrones were slightly overkill but Kia figured, if they didn't have hobbies, the only plausible activity would be to sit in aforementioned thrones and ooze superiority. They were lined up in a U shape, like the placement of the cabins Kia saw back at camp. The ceiling reminded Kia of the scene from Harry Potter, where the ceiling wasn't actually there, but in this case, it was like a replica of the night sky, glittering with constellations, including the newest one in honour of the brave Zoë Nightshade, running across the sky with her bow.

The glory of room couldn't compare to the people occupying each of the thrones. They were all fifteen feet fall (at least height difference wasnt an issue among them), and the sheer intensity of each one of them festered in their eyes and was currently being directed to the demigods. Not the best feeling in the world, having twelve all-powerful slightly hostile beings staring down at you like a stain of dirt.

"Welcome, heroes," Artemis said.

"Mooo!"

Ah, so Bessie the traitorous Ophiotaurus was here. And so was Grover!

A floating blob of water stood at the centre of the room, next to hearth fire. Bessie was swimming around happily, doing a few flips to show off, dancing overall mirthfully in the water. He seemed content with his temporary home. Grover has been kneeling at Zeus' throne, like he had been submitting a report. He saw the demigods, and he cried, "You made it!" which was mildly insulting, but the tone was glad nonetheless.