Snapped! - Chapter 1

Where: New York City

When: 7:05am

What: A Job interview

The Interview

Time passed by as the yellow taxi's zoomed across the road. Kate looked at her watch to find the time was 7:01am. 4 minutes till the building opened. "The building" was tall, and sharp, with glass surrounding it. Through the glass panels were the workers of the office. And today was the big day, well for Kate anyway. Today was the day she would apply for her new job as fashion editor of top fashion magazine 'Chic'. Chic was the most talked about fashion magazine in the industry. It was top class with issues out weekly, and the trend reports proved to be of high level. Only the fashionista's ever read this magazine, not the working mothers. They read a bit of cosmo, or Marie Claire. 

The automatic doors opened four minutes later to reveal the headquarters of Chic Magazine - The no.1 style magazine for chic city women. The title and slogan made it pretty clear that this magazine didn't feature anything below Topshop. And Topshop was low for the magazine. And the bold slogan, saying it was for "Chic city women." Well I guess that all those working women in New York were tres chic, as the french say. 

****

"Be careful what the press imply." Said Kate's mother to her when she was exactly 14 years of age. Kate j'adore-d the media. She loved all the fashion inside, and followed all the catwalk trends. However, her mother begged to differ. Grace Mirren, being an average housewife, was hardly a women of fashion even if she did live in New York. Yet her daughter was so different. 

****

Kate Mirren stepped inside to reveal the world of where fashion journalism takes place. Everywhere were issues of Chic from every week to every decade. There were pictures of famous stylish celebs, like Anna Wintour, Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor and more. "Wow." Whispered Kate. Her brunette hair was swept behind her ears, to reveal her diamond Tiffany earrings. Her Yves Saint Laurent bag was held tightly in her hand, whilst her YSL touche eclat corrector was handy in the pocket of her bag, just in case of emergencies. And she had invested in a chic pair of peach wide leg trousers and a blazer from Alberta Ferretti. For shoes she wore her Emilio Pucci black platform heels, and for a top she wore her a Lanvin peter pan collar blouse. Next, to the make-up. Kate had kept it simple with matt peach M.A.C lipstick, Chanel warm apricot blush, Dior mascara and a flick of Lancome liquid eyeliner. Her nails were painted a flawless 'Isn't it Romantic?' OPI nail colour. 

Her heels clicked against the floor with every step she took. Taking in her surroundings, a woman approached Kate before she could walk any further.

"Good morning. You are Kate Mirren right?"

"Yes, Kate Mirren." Kate replied.

"I am Jane Fitz. Welcome. If you could just wait here, then I will call you into the interview room." Said Jane. She was a pretty woman, with blonde hair, and her look was sophisticated. One glance, and Kate knew she meant business. Jane had her hair in a sleek bob, with not one hair out of place. Sporting the latest spring trend on the catwalk, she too wore wide leg trousers, and a blazer, but hers was black and looked like it was tailored from Erdem. Her make-up was slightly heavier than Kate's, with darker eyes and a berry red lipstick, again sporting the make-up on the runways. 

Kate sat down on a square cream arm chair, being careful not to crease her clothes or mess up her hair. She had both hands tighly round her YSL bag, fiddling with the shiny black leather strap. "Kate Mirren, Jane Fitz is waiting for you in room 342. Please pick up your things and come with me." Said the receptionist, another very fashionable woman.

Kate nervously walked up the glass staircase, to find a glass elevator waiting for her. Both her and the receptionist got in. As the elevator took off, Kate could see down below to the lobby. It was huge from where she was. "This way." Said the receptionist, whose name was Martha. 

Kate arrived in the interview room. It was amazing. With it's many fashion sketches by famous fashion illustrator 'David Downton', Kate was in awe.

"Good morning Kate." Said Jane, with a smile.

"Good morning Jane." Replied Kate.

"So, it says here that you have a slight background in fashion." Said Jane clearly. "It says on your CV, that you have worked with local designer 'Katherine Hilgdon' to complete some pieces of clothing. You haven't had any other background in the fashion industry?"

"No." Said Kate, her voice croaking at the end. 

"Okay. So, who was a famous British designer who died recently?" Asked Jane. It was quiz time.

"Alexander McQueen."

"Which designer recently got sent to jail for making racist remarks?"

"John Galliano."

"Which brand did John Galliano work for?"

"Dior."

And so the list went on. And on. Until Kate was about to explode. "Okay. You can go now." Jane swung her chair round so her back was facing Kate. Kate took this as an opportunity to leave the building.

On her way out, Kate grabbed a copy of the magazine and flicked through it, before putting it back and leaving. The yellow taxis swarmed New York's streets like bee's swarming around their hive. Starbucks was a good place to go to grab a skinny latte, thought Kate. 

Kate picked up her mug of skinny latte and sat down on the table. She got out her ipad, and went onto the asos.com website to find some nice new jeans from Pepe Jeans. A tiring day could soon turn out to be a rather relaxing one.

___________________________________________________________________________

Hey readers! 

This is my second story so far. I have only uploaded the first chapter, but I hope to upload more soon.

What do you think about Kate? And do you think she will get the job? Watch this space to find out more.

Remember: to fan/vote/comment.

Sunlight123♥♥♥