Chapter Twenty

Milan woke up with a groan as he felt something vibrate. He opened an eye, and that's when it hit him that he was still with Leo. In Leo's room. In Leo's bed.

Leo was sound asleep, his arms still wrapped around Milan. Milan raised his head slightly from Leo's chest to look at him. He wondered how it was possible for someone to look this cute while snoring?

Having feelings for someone really alters your perception of things.

The two of them had cleaned up after they were done with... the not so holy things. And gotten into bed again. Milan was only supposed to stay for a little bit, but they had clearly fallen asleep in each other's arms.

Milan felt something vibrate again, and he raised his head further to notice his phone on the nightstand. His phone was ringing, and it was none other than his mom. Milan's eyes widened in panic as he grabbed his phone. He couldn't bring himself to pick up, and the phone eventually stopped ringing.

He had twenty missed calls from his mom. Twenty.

He was fucked. And not in the good way.

Milan quickly untangled himself from Leo and grabbed his clothes. He wondered whether to wake the older boy up or not, but it was almost one in the night, and he just looked so damn peaceful as he slept.

Milan decided against disturbing Leo from his slumber, but decided to write a note and leave it on the nightstand. He could've dropped a text, but something about a physical, handwritten note was a lot more romantic.

Milan quietly made his way out of Leo's room, and went down the stairs. He cursed internally when he heard voices from the living room. It was past midnight, so Leo's parents were definitely back home.

Milan tried to tip toe his way out, but luck really wasn't on his side today. Just as he was nearing the front door, Kai and Roan walked out of the living room, unaware of the fact that Milan was trying to sneak out, or that he was even in their house.

"Holy sh— Milan?" Kai kept a hand on his chest, clearly not expecting his student there.

"Uh, hi Mr. Nahar," Milan glanced from Kai to Roan, "Mr. MacElroy."

"I didn't know you were over," Kai said.

"Yeah, uh, Leo and I were hanging out," Milan said as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. Kai's eyes immediately went to the very visible hickies on his skin, and his eyes widened slightly in surprise.

"Hanging out... Right..." Kai trailed off as he gave Milan a look that clearly said he wasn't buying it.

"Don't embarass the kid," Roan interrupted, "why don't you stay the night, Milan? It's late."

"I really have to get back home," Milan said.

"Do you want me to give you a ride home?" Roan asked.

"My house is just down the street," Milan shook his head, "thank you for the offer, though."

"Can I at least walk you till your house, then? It's almost one and I would feel better if I know you reached home safely," Roan insisted.

"Oh," Milan was a little taken aback at Roan's consideration, "sure, I guess."

"Goodnight, Milan, I'll see you in school," Kai smiled at his student, before turning towards his husband, "and I'll see you in our bedroom."

Kai gave Roan a quick peck before walking upstairs. Roan and Milan wordlessly made their way to the door, and exited the house. Milan couldn't help but feel nervous as they walked, he hated awkward silences, but he didn't really know what to say to Roan.