Chapter 13: My Old Friend

The sun was dipping over the horizon by the time Rachel made it to the residential area where the Johnson's were located. Passing by every house, Rachel was constantly looking up and down at her phone, checking every house she passed, looking for the right address. She was getting close. But still had just a little more ways to go.

This neighbourhood was way out of her pay range. Even her parents probably couldn't afford to live here.

Walking around Las Vegas was not ideal and probably would have been better if Rachel had some sort of transportation. Just like out in the highways and roads, Rachel's feet were killing her. Leg muscles burning. The weight of her backpack was making her back sore.

But she was nearly there. Just a few more houses down before she could rest. How long she intended to stay, Rachel didn't think that far. In fact, this wasn't even apart of the plan. She should be halfway to Long Beach by now. But she would probably only be able to stay for a few days before moving again. She did just have an encounter with the police earlier in the day. That would surely put a dampen on things here.

Rachel looked down at her phone again, seeing that she was almost there. She reached up and took her hat off to rub some sweat off her forehead before putting it back on.

Rachel was also in desperate need of a shower. Some clean clothes would probably be nice too. That meal however back at the mall was everything Rachel needed. Instead of living off the snacks she packed, which have since all been eaten, having a proper meal was amazing. She also still had some of the left over money that Brody gave her which would come in handy sometime down the line.

Rachel looked down at her phone again, and saw that she was coming up on their house. She looked up, passing by two more houses before coming up on a large and luxurious house. Rachel stopped on the sidewalk and admired their expensive house.

Wow... Sharon and Liam aren't doing too bad for themselves.

The Johnson's were always classy and had money. But this house proved that. There was a red Ford F-150 Raptor sitting in the driveway. Along with a black SUV.

Okay, yep... this is definitely their place.

Rachel looked down at her phone again to make sure she had the right place and started walking up to their house. She walked along a stoned pathway leading up to the front door, still taking in the view of their house. When Rachel got to the front door, she stood there for a few seconds. She saw the doorbell and raised her finger to it.

Her finger hovered near it for a few seconds before she pushed it. She heard the doorbell ring and she backed up. Her chest felt like it was going to explode. Heart pounding, Rachel turned around and waited.

She crossed her arms and breathed in. A few seconds passed before she heard someone from the other side walk up to the door. It opened.

"Rachel?" A boys voice said.

Rachel turned around, and saw Joey. One of Sam's younger brothers. She could hardly believe her eyes. But yet, she was so happy to see him again. "Joey..." She said, a smile spreading across her face.

Holding the door open, Joey looked at her for a few seconds, studying her. "Wh-what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Who is that, Joey?" A woman said. Rachel heard her footsteps approaching. Joey moved out of the way to let his mother see who it was.

And Sharon Johnson appeared in the doorway.

"Oh my god." Sharon muttered. "Rachel..." She said.

Rachel smiled tiredly at her. "Hey Sharon." She said, waving at her.