Epilogue

July 2013

Chloe sat at her computer on her desk, head resting on her hand as she lazily browsed through her computer. With nothing else to do, Chloe sat back into the chair and let out a groan. Letting her hands fall onto her lap. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes, letting out a bored sigh.

Three knocks came from the door before it opened. "Chloe, a letter came in the mail today. It's for you." Her mother said. Chloe turned to her as Joyce walked up to her, holding the letter out. Chloe took it and saw her name written on the front of the envelope.

I wonder if it's another one from Rachel. But... that doesn't look like her handwriting. Chloe thought.

Chloe tore open the envelope and took out the letter. She opened it and began reading it.

Dear Chloe.

Hey. It's been a few years. I've missed you. I wanted to send you this letter to let you know ahead of time that I'm coming back to Arcadia Bay to attend Blackwell Academy. Can you believe it? I was accepted into Blackwell Academy! I still can't believe it. Wowser.

I'll be coming in September. We should totally meet up. We can catch up, hang out and laugh. Just like we used to. I would really like that. I hope you would too. I'm also dying to have another meal at Two Whales. They always had the best meals. You will take me there, right?

I can't wait to see you. It's been too long, Chloe. See you soon.

Sincerely, Max Caulfield

Chloe stared at Max's name, her lips slightly parted. "Holy shit..." Chloe muttered. She set the letter on her desk. She ran her fingers through her hair, completely lost for words. She finally muttered out, "Max is coming back." Unbeknownst to her, a smile found its way onto Chloe's face.

She was actually excited to see Max again?

Whatever she was feeling, Max was going to be back in Arcadia Bay in the next two months. Chloe saw another thing written on the letter near the bottom left. She leaned close to read it.

P.S. Here's my number in case you wanna contact me. I hope you do.

Chloe read the number and looked at her phone sitting on her desk. She looked back at the letter and reached over to grab her phone. She put the number in her contacts and opened the messages. Chloe slowly started typing her text to Max.

She sat there, finger hovering above the send button. After a few more seconds of hesitation, Chloe hit send and saw the message appear on the screen.

Chloe: hey max

~

As stated in the previous authors note, A Rekindled Friendship | A Max and Chloe Story was going to be the next following book. But for right now, plans for a sequel are on hold.