The Looks

Chapter one
--------------
The Looks

     Stares surrounded me as all I could think about is what number of turn I was on. Right now that's all that matters to me. People crowded around but I couldn't stop. I was just turning but the amount of audience piled in, so I went right into a routine of improvisation.
     The floor was a little slippery so it was hard to keep balance, I went into doing piquè turns across the floor and prep. For a triple but on the landing I fell straight on my butt. People slowly wondered off and the crowd around me quickly shrunk in size. It amazes me how people think so little of someone who is doing something really hard and fails to impress. What good is in their heart to even try to see how hard and breath taking this is?
     I tried to catch my breath and my Grandma told me it was time to leave.
My Grandma and I have a ton in common.
     "Hey Makayla!" Kimberly shouted as I saw her down the isle to my left. 
     "Aww oh no," I muttered beneath my breath as she ran toward me.
     Kimberly is so annoying, she never closes her mouth, and I don't think she even likes me to begin with; I can see how with the amount of time I ignore her.
     "Hey, " I say like I was in a rush.
     " What are you up to? " she tried to start a conversation with me but I kept walking.
     "Sorry Kim but right now I can't talk I'm in a hurry,"
     "Oh, I didn't mean-"
     " It's fine. Nice seeing you," I bugged out and just cut her off.
     My Grandma -Nanny as I call her- and I walked out the door after paying. Just as you would not expect, the alarms went off. We stopped dead in our tracks, Nanny went ice sickle stiff.
     "Great Nanny what did you steal this time? I have to get to dance," she slaps me playfully on the arm at the joke, but I really have dance practice to get to.
     Security comes to check us down but found nothing. They couldn't just keep us there forever we have places to be, we are human.
     Finally they jumped to conclusions and thought the alarm was just broken because it went off every time someone walked through. Glad to know I can't trust them
     "Great well, one, that took forever, two, for no reason, and three, I'm late for dance.
While we were being checked I got bored so I started tap dancing, moving my feet to any rhythm possible doing random famous tap steps I knew of.
     "Sorry I'm late, " I rushed into class, " we got stuck at Walmart," sweat rolled off my face from running in the heat considering how hot it is outside, being late didn't help much did it?
     "Spread out! " the instructor commanded.
     I had absolutely zero time to stretch, I hope I don't pull something; on a good note, this is hip-hop class instead of Lyrical or Contemporary.
     In about a month we're going to Kentucky for a competition. Tap is not a very popular style to do in a competition, it doesn't always win so that is why we are doing two group dances.
When we go to Kentucky we are we have four numbers. Tap : group, lyrical : group, contemporary : solo and a musical theater solo.
     Janette Lime was doing the other solo and I was doing the contemporary one. I'm surprised my teacher gave me a solo, but I win every time so there is nothing to be afraid of.

****
Hey! Thank you for reading :) I plan to spend a lot of time with this story so I hope you aren't offended by the wait when I update it. Pleaseee vote and comment!!!!

-mgraceb00